Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV's freeze randomly only when watching Comcast programing. Happens with both Roku's and FireTV.

Tested with Wifi and ethernet connections and happens on both. The problem started on Sat 10/12 and the strange thing is that it only happens when watching Comcast programming. At night I watch mostly YouTube content with no problems, and the same with many other apps I've tested, it only happens with Comcast. The freeze lasts 30 to 60 seconds or might produce a message that content is unavailable.

I've also had problems with all the boxes, where the volume goes down about 50% or up 50% from normal. This again seems to only happen when watching Comcast content and seems to be triggered by a commercial in the broadcast. 

Am I the only one seeing this?????

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.