Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound stopped working on all apps

It worked omg this is my 4 year old and my 2 year olds TV if y'all have kids you know how I feel 

0 Kudos
AJkaibaby
Reel Rookie

How did you fix it my mom's TV started doing that exact same thing a couple weeks ago?

0 Kudos
AJkaibaby
Reel Rookie

OMG thank you that worked. Been weeks with no sound on that TV

0 Kudos

Thank you!!! Been watching football all morning and then it went silent. FOMO was all to real!

0 Kudos

Same here.. how do I restart device? Just unplug it? 

0 Kudos

Same issue. Only thing I found out to work is once the video starts, hit the star button on your remote. Go down to volume mode, switch off and then onto leveling or night. But every time you switch videos or turn the tv back on you have to do it all over again. 

patt1747

We had to unplug our soundbar, switch the TV speakers back on, then restart the Roku. Sound started working through TV speakers and we were able to plug soundbar back in to the TV. Fixed all the audio issues we were having with the Roku. It was strange because some apps had sound but not all, before our fix.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@patt1747 

Thanks for posting back that soundbar specific fix procedure so that others with a similar setup may see it.

0 Kudos
TedandStel

This worked!

Settings>system>power>system restart

0 Kudos
Dres

I’ve tried restarting mine 3 times and that never helped. But setting it to STEREO solved my problem. Thank you for posting that.