Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcp
Binge Watcher

Sound not syncing with picture on Peacock

Me too only have the sound sync issue with peacock app. Driving us nuts. Only happens on Roku all other devices are fine. 

57 REPLIES 57
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound not syncing with picture

Hello! @Jcp,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Try adjusting the TV settings. 
Please try adjusting the TV settings described below to help fix an A/V sync error. Consult online documentation for your TV model or contact the manufacturer directly for detailed instructions.

• Some TV models have an A/V Sync feature that can often be found in an Audio sub-menu within the Settings menu on your TV. If the feature exists on your TV, try adjusting it to see if A/V sync improves. The feature may also be called something like audio delay or lip-sync.
  • Use the following suggestion if sound is distinctly heard before you see the picture:
    • Turn off any advanced video processing on your TV, such as motion smoothing or video noise reduction. These controls are often found in the Video or Picture Settings sub-menu within the Settings menu on your TV.
  • Try the suggestions below if sound is distinctly heard after you see the picture.
    • Set the digital audio output on your TV to PCM. You can often find this setting in the Audio sub-menu within the Settings menu on your TV.
    • Try turning off Game Mode if the setting exists on your TV. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jcp
Binge Watcher

The only app that is off is peacock. If I adjust my tv won’t it make everything else off? 

I’m having this exact issue, it’s just the peacock app

Leannek18
Streaming Star

Same issue. Peacock only on both LG tvs. Delayed 12 seconds. Extremely annoying 

Leannek18
Streaming Star

Didn't work since it is only the Peacock app

CherylW
Reel Rookie

I just started having this same issue on two Samsung TV's and 4K Streaming Stick. It's only with the Peacock app. If I open that same app on the TV's smart application there is no lag....VERY frustrating. PLEASE FIX THE STREAMING STICK TO BE ABLE TO PLAY PEACOCK.

Jcp
Binge Watcher

yes same as everyone else. only have lagtime with audio with peacock and only have it on Roku. If I watch peacock app on smart tv, phone, iPad etc no issue. only have the issue when watching on Roku. and the only app on Roku with an issue is peacock. it has to be a Roku issue, not a peacock issue. 

Leannek18
Streaming Star

I contacted Roku through the chat. Acted like they had no idea of the issue. They are escalating it. So we will see the outcome 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please follow these troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, power, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.