Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil13764
Streaming Star

Solving Freezing & Recording Live TV

Jump to solution

I put a 32 GB USB in my Roku Ultra. I was wathing ESPN (live program) on the Roku and it will not freeze the play.

Please help me freeze the playing for ESPN

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Solving Freezing & Recording Live TV

Jump to solution

The page you linked says: "Live TV Pause is only available on the Live TV input of your Roku TV". Roku streaming players like the Ultra are not TVs. Roku TVs are TVs (including antenna and cable box inputs) with Roku functionality built in to them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Neil13764, the USB port on an Ultra is strictly for media playback. Most live streams cannot be paused (it varies by channel/app). Roku TVs can use the USB drive to pause live over the air broadcasts, but even they can't pause live streams.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Neil13764
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank for the response. I was looking at the Roku support site and found this: https://support.roku.com/article/115005649508

Which says that the USB can be used for freezing and recording. Does that only apply to some other models?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The page you linked says: "Live TV Pause is only available on the Live TV input of your Roku TV". Roku streaming players like the Ultra are not TVs. Roku TVs are TVs (including antenna and cable box inputs) with Roku functionality built in to them.

0 Kudos
Neil13764
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, I missed the fact that it is only on the Roku TV not Rolu devices

0 Kudos