Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike15522
Streaming Star

Several channels will not play

Playback errors on all shows on several channels, Netflix is the only channel working, Paramount, Peacock, and Hulu do not play at all, Roku Channel plays audio only. The problem is the same on all 4 Roku devices

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Mike15522
Streaming Star

Re: Several channels will not play

No channels play properly, now Netflix is audio only.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mike15522,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Firstly, do you receive an error code or message whenever you try to stream content? If you experience playback issues across multiple streaming channels, it may be due to a slow network caused by a poor wireless signal, issues with your router, or the quality of your internet service. Review the tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device. We suggest you restart your router and Roku device and see if it helps. 

To restart your router properly, you may need to review instructions from your internet service provider (ISP) or router manufacturer, or you can simply unplug your router and plug it back in. And to restart your device from the Setting menu by navigating to Settings>System> System restart.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mike15522
Streaming Star

This problem occurred suddenly this afternoon. I have 4 Rokus model #3931x on 4 different TVs.
The malfunction is the same on all 4. I have made no changes to my internet, or wifi in 10 months, have not any problems until now. I reset all 4 Rokus, all 4 TVs, and my modem/router. I tested my internet speed, and it is full speed. Each channels error messages are worded different, but all indicate an unspecified playback error. I did all of this before I posted here, and repeated the process again just now. Still no service.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mike15522, if you have 4 Roku devices and none will stream you might want to ask your ISP what's going on.  It's very unlikely that four devices just failed or even updated all at the same time.  ISPs are known to muck with customer's router settings or forcing an update that messes things up.  If you can briefly connect one of those Rokus to your phone's hotspot you may find that it works without any problem.  Don't keep it like that unless you want to go through your data in no time at all.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TDameron89
Reel Rookie

same here my roku tv wont play roku movies but the flach drive roku in my living will play movies

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TDameron89,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. How long has the issue been occurring?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Could you provide an example movie title that you experience this issue?
4.Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TDameron89
Reel Rookie

been doing this since june. roku tv wont play roku channel movies or shows. i go to watch a movie and it will say expired after i hit the play button. i have called and spoke with a real person about this done everything they said and it still wont play no roku movies or shows. all the other apps on my roku tv work great just the roku app wont work. i have done everthing factory reset u name it the roku app wont play nothing on my roku tv

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TDameron89,

Thanks for reaching back.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Aside from factory reset, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue? Could you send us a photo or a screenshot? 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mike15522
Streaming Star

1. How long has the issue been occurring?
Three days
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
All channels
3. Could you provide an example movie title that you experience this issue?
All of them
4.Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
Yes, "playback error"
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
I have reset all 4 TVs, all 4 Rokus, and my modem. I have tested my internet speed & it is full speed My ISP assures me the problem is not them.
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
Done

0 Kudos