Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen goes black with loading showing but sound playing on ROKU Channel

Jump to solution

Hi @NilDevNull,

Thanks for the response.

We sincerely appreciate your patience with the issue with The Roku Channel. In order for our Roku team to investigate this, we would like to request the serial number of your Roku device as well as the IP address. It seems like you haven't provided the serial number or device ID.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NilDevNull
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

A couple of things.

* All I can provide by way of an IP address is what is used on the internal network... 

* The Roku doesn't seem to have a web browser app from which I can run whatismyip.com. Please provide directions HOW TO RUN THIS ON MY TV.  Because, running from my laptop serves no purpose.

I can't provide info/data I can't get.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@NilDevNull wrote:

A couple of things.

* All I can provide by way of an IP address is what is used on the internal network... 

* The Roku doesn't seem to have a web browser app from which I can run whatismyip.com. Please provide directions HOW TO RUN THIS ON MY TV.  Because, running from my laptop serves no purpose.

I can't provide info/data I can't get.

As long as your laptop is using the same local network as your Roku is using, it will be connecting to the outside world via the same external IP assigned to you by your internet provider.  Everything on your local network connects to the internet via this same IP number - that's how it can route information to your own account.  So the info you get from whatismyip.com via your laptop is exactly what they are asking for.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So This Will Not Be A Long Messege To . Send So I Just Want The SHARP ROKU TV . Thank You I Ment Post. Alright . Anyway. Thank You 🙏 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.