Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rl3224
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku ultra won’t stream until restarted by

Coincidentally... I'm also having the exact same problem with one of my Roku Ultra 4800x's.  I also bought 5 of them and one of the 5 will not stream from most apps (DTV Stream, Disney +, Happy Kids, HBO Max etc etc) unless it's rebooted once a day.  After it reboots it streams everything fine for that day.

We've rebooted the entire network, tried different wifi channels, reset the network settings, factory reset, and nothing fixes the problem.

Is there a known problem with 5 Ultras on one account or did I also coincidentally get 1 bad one out of 5 just like Jnels8957?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @rl3224

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rl3224
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuKariza-D - Serial Number = X01000YNDXX7

We'll be trying some additional steps today from other forum threads...

1. Connecting the power supply directly into the wall (update - did not fix the issue)

2. May put the unit on a fresh Roku account (not linked to my existing ones) to see if that helps.

However, please do investigate on your side because it's quite annoying that we have to restart the Roku daily for any streams on any apps to work correctly.  If we try to stream anything, it'll have trouble loading the stream or get to 99% and never show the stream on various apps.

Once rebooted everything is fine for the day and streams work.  Next day, same problem occurs.

Just to give some additional context.  I own 5 Roku Ultra 4800x's which I use in 3 different locations.

Location 1 (ISP ATT Fiber) - 2 Units have no issues

Location 2 (ISP Spectrum) - 2 Units have no issues

Location 3 (ISP Spectrum) - This is the location of the problematic unit where it takes a reboot everyday to get any stream to work.

Troubleshooting steps we've tried already...

1. Updated firmware / Rebooted all devices on the network chain (Router, TV, Cable modem).  Roku is on latest firmware (11.0).

2. Tried both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands... both show excellent connections in Roku as it's in the same room as the router.  Haven't tried wired since its a little too far.

3. Changed Wifi Channels on the Router

4. Reset network connection in Roku and full Factory Reset.  Sometimes after a factory reset the problem can be immediately reproducible until the Roku is rebooted.

5. Checked connection on Roku when the problem is occurring.  Confirmed that it does have a stable connection.

6. Disabled power saving features in Roku

7. Ensured Auto refresh rate is disabled.  Ensured all sound settings at Auto.

Along with the OP of this thread... here's another person with 5 Rokus in a house with the same problem.  Beginning to think there's a link between having 5 Rokus on the same account.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Apps-load-but-won-t-stream-until-I-r...