Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlab407
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku recently started to over heat

Jump to solution

I need help. I tried everything suggested. Is it possible for you to replace my Premiere or credit me for the malfunctioning one so I can buy a bigger Roku with a fan. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @jlab407

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jlab407
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial #YH00CD989959. I have tried all the troubleshoot instructions. I need a replacement. thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jlab407

Thanks for the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mjb5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Kariza D.,

I too am having overheating problems with my Roku Premier.  After 5 to 8 minutes a message comes on the screen again and again telling me it is overheating. Troubleshooting has been done over and over to no avail.

As a Roku account holder I would like my Roku replaced immediately so I can continue to have my entertainment. I don't go out much anymore since the Pandemic so this is my only entertainment as a Senior.

My Device ID #K4203C895216;   Lot # 2189043418;    SKU #3920R;   and  ROKU 8 29610 00294 1

Email: [personal information]

Thank you for your kind attention regarding this matter.

Respectfully,

Mattie J. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @mjb5

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have passed them along to our support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your emails since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SteveO51

Jump to solution

Hello there, it seems like this is an issue with others as well. I have had this item for a little while. I started getting warning on my TV screen about it heating up just recently. I Unplugged it for a day and tried again still after about 10 minutes I will get the same warning.

I have a Roku Premier HDM

MODEL: 3921X

SN:JG28C3823266

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SteveO51

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Fix an overheating issue

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blabonne9

Jump to solution

I followed all these concerns of device over heating as mine is doing the same.  The really sad thing is the technical support response was ultimately, “stop using device”!  How does that resolve all of our issues?  We spend good money to buy your product and that is your resolution to an obvious defective product?  
I think I will be looking into a different company / device if this is the limit to your customer service and standing behind your product.  The least you could do is replace our units or give us a decent discount to buy a new one!

im very disappointed in your efforts to provide good customer satisfaction to resolve what appears to be a very common problem!
@blabonne9

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@blabonne9

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using What troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos