Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justinkace

Roku model:3920x won't power on.

Jump to solution

I just got a Roku model:3920x to replace my Roku 2.  So when I get home, I plug it into the wall and into the TV, I know that it's got power because I see the light on in front of the device but it seems kind of dimm compared to my Roku 2, and I know that the HDMI is connected and in the right spot because my last Roku used the same cord and input location.  Idk what to do. I've tried pressing the reset button on the device.  Any ideas on how I can get this thing working, or did I buy a hunk-o-junk?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku model:3920x won't power on.

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Justinkace.

We see that you're having difficulty setting up your new Roku device. We are pleased to assist you.

If, after plugging all the necessary cables and inputs on your Roku into your TV, you still can't see the Roku interface appearing, here are the possible troubleshooting steps that you might consider trying to resolve the issue: 

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    • This is extremely common and an easy mistake to make. Most TVs have several video inputs on the back or side of the TV that are used for connecting different devices, such as a cable box, gaming console, and, of course, a Roku player. You must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
      • Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected to. The video connector will be labeled with the input name, e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc.
    • The way you change inputs can differ based on the TV brand and model, but it is usually accessible from a button on the remote control. If you can, check the instructions that came with your television, or try the following:
      • Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video, or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs or display a menu with a choice of inputs.
      • If it cycles through the inputs - wait 10 seconds between button presses to allow the TV to detect the video.
      • If a menu is displayed - use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to choose the correct input and press Enter or Select. Alternatively, select each input one at a time. Wait 10 seconds between each to allow the TV to detect the video.
      • In both cases, if no video is detected on the input, then the TV will usually show a message such as "s "No vi "eo" "r "No signal detected "ed."
  2. The video cable is not connected correctly, or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, ensure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the TV's connector.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or turn off auto power savings.
    • If you do not see a picture after pressing a button on your Roku remote, it is possible that your player can" not "wake "up your TV over the HDMI connection. To fix this, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. You can turn off auto power savings if you prefer that your player never enter low power mode.
  5. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet the requirements.
    • It is possible that your Roku player is not receiving enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor or plug your Roku player directly into a power source. For more information, learn what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning.
  6. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables, including the power cable.

If you are still unable to get it working after following the suggested steps, let us know, and we'll assist you further. For more troubleshooting, you may check this support article here: What to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

We are hoping everything will be straightened out soon for you.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku model:3920x won't power on.

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Justinkace.

We see that you're having difficulty setting up your new Roku device. We are pleased to assist you.

If, after plugging all the necessary cables and inputs on your Roku into your TV, you still can't see the Roku interface appearing, here are the possible troubleshooting steps that you might consider trying to resolve the issue: 

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    • This is extremely common and an easy mistake to make. Most TVs have several video inputs on the back or side of the TV that are used for connecting different devices, such as a cable box, gaming console, and, of course, a Roku player. You must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
      • Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected to. The video connector will be labeled with the input name, e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc.
    • The way you change inputs can differ based on the TV brand and model, but it is usually accessible from a button on the remote control. If you can, check the instructions that came with your television, or try the following:
      • Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video, or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs or display a menu with a choice of inputs.
      • If it cycles through the inputs - wait 10 seconds between button presses to allow the TV to detect the video.
      • If a menu is displayed - use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to choose the correct input and press Enter or Select. Alternatively, select each input one at a time. Wait 10 seconds between each to allow the TV to detect the video.
      • In both cases, if no video is detected on the input, then the TV will usually show a message such as "s "No vi "eo" "r "No signal detected "ed."
  2. The video cable is not connected correctly, or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, ensure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the TV's connector.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or turn off auto power savings.
    • If you do not see a picture after pressing a button on your Roku remote, it is possible that your player can" not "wake "up your TV over the HDMI connection. To fix this, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. You can turn off auto power savings if you prefer that your player never enter low power mode.
  5. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet the requirements.
    • It is possible that your Roku player is not receiving enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor or plug your Roku player directly into a power source. For more information, learn what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning.
  6. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables, including the power cable.

If you are still unable to get it working after following the suggested steps, let us know, and we'll assist you further. For more troubleshooting, you may check this support article here: What to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

We are hoping everything will be straightened out soon for you.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.