Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benfris

Trying to log into Roku app on Google TV

Jump to solution

I put the Roku app on my Hisense Google TV and went through the link step and when I tried to sign it with my Roku username and password from my Roku device it said an account already exists for this email address and that I need to create a new account. Do I need a separate account for every TV and device that I have?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to log into Roku app on Google TV

Jump to solution

Welcome, @benfris.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We noticed you're having trouble linking your account to your device. We're happy to provide assistance.

We need a piece of additional information to clarify and provide better visibility of the problem:

• Please specify if you're activating a new Roku device or signing in to The Roku Channel outside the Roku operating system.

If you're activating a new Roku device and you're having trouble linking it through your existing account, try checking if you will see the "Existing Customer?" option on the website screen and try logging in to your email and password. Please be advised that if you already have a Roku account and will try to activate a new device, you don't have to create a new one as long as your existing account does not exceed the maximum number of linked devices. 

For more troubleshooting steps, visit this support website: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to log into Roku app on Google TV

Jump to solution

Welcome, @benfris.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We noticed you're having trouble linking your account to your device. We're happy to provide assistance.

We need a piece of additional information to clarify and provide better visibility of the problem:

• Please specify if you're activating a new Roku device or signing in to The Roku Channel outside the Roku operating system.

If you're activating a new Roku device and you're having trouble linking it through your existing account, try checking if you will see the "Existing Customer?" option on the website screen and try logging in to your email and password. Please be advised that if you already have a Roku account and will try to activate a new device, you don't have to create a new one as long as your existing account does not exceed the maximum number of linked devices. 

For more troubleshooting steps, visit this support website: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.