Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeCanter84

Need help setting up my Roku 2500x

Jump to solution

I need help setting up my Roku 2500x

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help setting up my Roku 2500x

Jump to solution

@DeCanter84 

If your Roku 2 model is anything other than the 4210 model, and has been Factory Reset, then it will not be able to connect to Roku servers to setup/activate.

The Roku 2 is considered a "legacy model" and have been "have been discontinued, cannot run newer Roku OS versions, and cannot be used to run IDK apps." https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

However, the Roku 2 model 4210 is still updateable and should be able to setup/activate. (turn the device over and look for a model number on the sticker if available).

---

If budget allows, would likely be a better idea to purchase a newer device, but if you are just trying to use what you have, it will need to be a model 4210 to proceed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm not sure it's possible to set up something that old (2012 model), but if you list the specific step where it goes wrong, someone might have an idea.

Banned but back. Because why not?
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DeCanter84 

If your Roku 2 model is anything other than the 4210 model, and has been Factory Reset, then it will not be able to connect to Roku servers to setup/activate.

The Roku 2 is considered a "legacy model" and have been "have been discontinued, cannot run newer Roku OS versions, and cannot be used to run IDK apps." https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

However, the Roku 2 model 4210 is still updateable and should be able to setup/activate. (turn the device over and look for a model number on the sticker if available).

---

If budget allows, would likely be a better idea to purchase a newer device, but if you are just trying to use what you have, it will need to be a model 4210 to proceed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.