Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku cannot launch any streaming services but internet otherwise working

Jump to solution

Same problem. My internet connection is excellent. Submitting this same issue on my smart phone. Roku is my streaming device. Unable to connect TV apps thru Roku device altho cable service provider & internet is excellent 👌 Unplugged and replugged several times (always waiting proper time for modem to reset B4 reconnecting router) but it appears that's not the problem. It's definitely the Roku streaming device. 

My Roku model3 has sufficient capacity to stream many apps but can't stream AppleTV despite many attempts with AppleTV support (very smart & patient reps).  This was 1st curiosity what could be wrong with the Roku streaming device 🤔

Current problem is Roku device NOT STREAMING anything. No basic cable. No apps. Internet service 👌 

Does anyone know how long Roku devices last before breaking down or requiring replacement? 

I've had my Roku device for about 7 yrs. Is it expired? No longer working? Any feedback is appreciated 🙏 

Thank you 🙏

0 Kudos
Peg3

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. It's so frustrating that I cannot watch the streaming service that I pay for!

SayRight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I see not only I have such problem. Hope to be everything ok soon

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue? If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rema

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem.  However, when we connect to a mobile hotspot we do NOT have the connection issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rema,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you taking fantastic troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. Since you are connected to a mobile hotspot, everything seems to be working fine. We recommend restarting all your network equipment—gateway, modem, and router. Just unplug everything for a few seconds and plug them back in. Once your network equipment restarts, restart your Roku devices.

To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Also, ensure that your router broadcasts a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
roksuer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue with Roku only. However no issues in my bedroom apple tv. What  router/ wireless access point are you using?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Wi-Fi-connectivity/Roku-Wireless-not-working-with-eero-router-since-2-...

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @roksuer

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the trouble, and we'd be glad to assist. May we know on what channel/app this issue occurs? Additionally, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Additionally, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuJechealR above this thread.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Troutman1

Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same issue. We have 3 Roku tvs and one is new this year that we are having the same issues on them all. How will Roku resolve this?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Troutman1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on your Roku TVs. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How far are Roku TVs from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your Roku TVs to your mobile hotspot?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content or connecting to the internet?

Please elaborate on it for us. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.