Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fuddrucker
Channel Surfer

Roku autoplays after every notification or action including speech to text and phonecalls.

I have the exact same problem -- if I'm using the app on Android 13, and I pause a show, if I receive a notification on the phone, the show starts playing again. I regularly come back from the bathroom to find that my show is already playing, and I have to scroll back to try to find where I was. As OP mentions, I've paused a show to check email or something else, only to receive a notification and have the show start playing agian -- multiple times in a few minutes!

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the Roku app, no difference. This has been happening since at LEAST Feburary 2023.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku autoplays after every notification or action including speech to text and phonecalls.

Hi @Fuddrucker,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for taking the time to share this information with us, and we'd like to help. May we know what specific mobile device brand and OS version, as well as the Roku mobile app version, you currently have? Also, is this issue happening while streaming with specific content, or happen during any content is played?

Once we have more details regarding this, we'll certainly assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fuddrucker
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku autoplays after every notification or action including speech to text and phonecalls.

I'm on a Samsung S22 running Android 13 with the Sept 1 2023 update. 

Roku app version is 9.8.1.2480266 (it says I'm on the latest version).

This happens anytime a show is paused on any service, e.g. Paramount+, Netflix, Amazon, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Fuddrucker

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to take a closer look into this. Could you share us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fuddrucker
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure I'm confortable putting my unique device information up on a public forum. Is there somewhere I can open a ticket and reference this thread?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @Fuddrucker.

We understand you do not want to share device information via public post. No worries; we have an alternative for you. Please send us a PM here at the Roku Community. To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see "Send this user a private message."

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fuddrucker
Channel Surfer

The information was provided almost 3 months ago. This is still an issue. What is the status?

0 Kudos