Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU crashes all resets no help

Hi @user1029,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the issue you've encountered. We'd like to collect more details about the issue so a workaround or resolution can be taken into action. Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate?

We'll be eager to wait for your update.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

I checked my Internet connection, it's fine. I did an internet speed check. It's fine.

I updated the apps, (YouTube, Plex, news apps, and movie apps). 

I updated the system, I looked for anything I could, I went thru the settings, I even looked for ways to remedy the situation online.

I checked the electrical connections, and the wifi connections, I checked the internet modem, I even dipped the cords for the t.v., the modem, and the electric zip strip in water to release any errent electrical discharge.

All to no avail. 

As a matter of fact, while I was typing the response to your message, the Plex app was interrupted and I was back on the home screen. 

I run out of options, and my patience is wearing thin. 

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Roku TV, it beats watching anything on my computer monitor, but I've almost lost hope.

I am your message, perhaps I'm missing something. 

Thank You! 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @user1029,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the additional information and the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue. We want nothing more than to have you uninterrupted streaming. We'll be collecting some details related to your Roku device and the app itself. Please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mily1

Hola disculpen pero también tengo problemas con mi roku tv y por más que intento reiniciar  dise que el software.  No responde y no puedo ver nada porque no medeja . Y también la paciencia me llego al limite . Desde aller estoy luchando co ese problema y lo peor que no ay alluda

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mily1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we only support English in the Roku Community. We had to use Google Translate to understand your inquiry. In the meantime, please help us with the required details I've posted above so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240307_172203.jpg

IMG_20240307_172229.jpg

IMG_20240307_172253.jpg

As far as a "tracker i.d. goes, I can tap the button 5 times, however, no video or photo of the event can't be supplied, as it happens so fast that a video of the event is 99% impossible.

I'll do what I can to comply.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

I just sent a report.

Immediately after the report, I went back to the video I was watching.

The video resumed, and I noticed it was 15 seconds before it went back to the homescreen. 

I don't know if that matters, just thought I'd include it in the report.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Hi @bamashooter,

Thanks for the response!

In this case, we will coordinate this with our relevant Roku team for further investigation and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • What are the specific isolated channels?
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

It's just happened again at 11:16 pm.

The video, (Undercover Boss), appeared to start reloading, 2 or 3 times, then went to the homescreen.

I immediately sent you the code.

Again, I went back to the video. 

It wasn't in my video history, as opposed to the last time.

I hope these comments help you in some way.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

No Thanks. Your robotic response appears to have not resolved the problem for others and no doubt it will not resolve the same for me. Though I shouldn't be these days, I'm amazed that a defect such as this one has either not been successfully addressed or perhaps even worse, just been given lip service with a generic "Reboot" over the years. It's too bad. Other than this major defect, I really like my Roku TVs. But this will be a problem which will send me to other brands. But you did teach me a lesson. Research like a mad dog prior to making the purchase. Had I done so, I would have most likely not made this purchase.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.