Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demetrius

Roku TV (All brand) - Multiple channels going back to Home Screen.

Hi I am also having the same issue with my roku tv. It will stream a video for about 30 seconds and take me right back to the home page. I checked for updates it is all updated. I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple apps didn't work. I turned the tv off and unplugged for 30 to 60 seconds plugged it back in and try it again to reset it. I also did the "clear cache" as well. Last I did a full factory reset, nothing is fixing this problem. 

0 Kudos
Joeduke7

I have the same issue with a Roku Philips tv. The only common thing here between everyone with different tvs, it seems like it’s Roku itself in my opinion. I play Netflix and Hulu and during watching a show i get kicked out back to home page. It’s super annoying. 

0 Kudos
sharkbaot2010
Reel Rookie

Yeah mine is still doing it. My mom’s is starting to do it here and there. This is my second Roku tv that has done something similar only the other one would power off by itself randomly and I just assumed maybe it was the cord so I got a new one. And then it starts doing this a few years later. Our only other Roku device in the house we’ve been through THREE of because it kept kicking us off the internet and wouldn’t let us use the cable we pay for. Anytime we tried to get resolution they’d say “oh we don’t know how to help”. So we’re going to be phasing out of all Roku devices slowly. 

So… are you ever gonna give us a solution? Or even just say you don’t have one? This thread is almost a year old and to this day there has been no solution and it’s still happening. And for me it’s a little worse than just being kicked to the Home Screen. Sometimes my entire tv just restarts when an app crashes. But only happens if I’m watching a non-Roku service (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) watching live tv works fine for hours and I don’t use the Roku channel to know how it performs. I have a Phillips Roku tv that I’ve not had a whole year yet, bought brand new from Walmart. 

bamashooter
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

None of the posted remedies have worked for me. I have 2 Roku TVs. A 32" ONN in my spare bedroom / home gym. A newer 65" ONN 4K is now my primary tv. Bought it for the superbowl. Worked great and the resolution in 4K was great. I have YTTV. The only thing I haven't tried is using an ethernet cable instead of wireless. I'm pretty sure that's no remedy. Though rural, I have fiber to the house and it's excellent. More than enough oomph to easily run 4K.

Shortly after the superbowl, I searched for other 4K programming. Not much available so I went to Youtube and watch a few scenic videos. Nice.

In the past 2 weeks, when viewing 4K, the programming stops and the tv reverts back to the Roku home page. Has yet to happen with non-4K programming. Cancelled the YTTV 4K option. Very disappointed and actually quite amazed this problem has continued for so long through the Roku community. Fortunately, I purchased a 2 year warranty for the new tv. Though it'll be a royal pain to remove and install a better model, I will definitely do so when the urge hits me. Otherwise, I really like the tv. I was impressed with the other Roku features, pro remote, etc. That's what drove me to replace my Toshiba with the 65" Roku. If I begin experiencing this anomaly with non-4K programming, the tv will be gone and never again will any Roku product be welcome in my world. Including the little 32". More than enough time has passed for my fellow Roku owners to be made whole again. Collectively, there may be available options to right this wrong.  

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bamashooter,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on your Roku TV. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information.

• Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?

In the meantime, please check out this support article about streaming 4K Ultra HD (4K) or High Dynamic Range (HDR) content for more details.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

My info was deleted so I'm posting it again.

This issue has been happening to both of my Roku tvs for a while. This just happened again while I was using Netflix but the issue happens with a wide variety of apps I use regularly. This is definitely not a new problem but likely an issue that is rapidly expanding. Unfortunately a full reset and a uninstall/reinstall did not solve my issue. Here is a list of all the requested information.

TCL Model: 32S335

Model: 8122X - Roku TV

Serial number: YK000X203411 (NST220203411)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-48

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-27T07:17:23Z

Tracker ID: 11-518-837

Second post that was deleted

The issue just happened to my Roku tv downstairs while using the Peacock app

Model: C122X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00000CR563S (SO3AT01R563S)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-93

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-27T22:17:44Z

Tracking ID 3S-519-737

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dnaylor5,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the extra details about this. We'll take care of this information and forward it over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll make sure to keep an eye on this and provide an update here once we have it available.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

Thank you. All official "Roku" and others recommended remedies have been performed. Any "channel", app, etc broadcasting 4K. No error msgs, codes, etc. Distance is approx. 4 meters.

0 Kudos
user1029
Binge Watcher

ROKU crashes on all channels

It happens constantly, on all channels.

0 Kudos