Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV (All brand) - Multiple channel going back to Home Screen.

Anybody realize that they seem to be answering all of our questions with pratically the same answers???? im wondering if its a robot answering and not a human?? with my roku tv it doesnt matter what channel im watching or what app i use, it will bump me back to home screen constantly. its rather annoying!!! it would be nice if they gave us a solution to this issue!!

Roku TV (All brand) - Multiple channels going back to Home Screen.

I own a Westinghouse Roku TV that's less than 4 months old. All apps and the system are up to date. With gigabit Ethernet, it's not a bandwidth problem. Several apps let you browse and select content, but after about 30 seconds, they unexpectedly return to the home screen. I've attempted uninstalling and reinstalling apps, powering down the TV, but the issue persists. Netflix, Prime, and Disney apps have all exhibited this problem.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community users!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

@RokuArjiemar 

This issue has been happening to both of my Roku tvs for a while. This just happened again while I was using Netflix but the issue happens with a wide variety of apps I use regularly. This is definitely not a new problem but likely an issue that is rapidly expanding. Unfortunately a full reset and a uninstall/reinstall did not solve my issue. Here is a list of all the requested information.

TCL Model: 32S335

Model: 8122X - Roku TV

Serial number: YK000X203411 (NST220203411)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-48

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-27T07:17:23Z

Tracker ID: 11-518-837

0 Kudos
dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

The issue just happened to my Roku tv downstairs while using the Peacock app

Model: C122X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00000CR563S (SO3AT01R563S)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-93

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-27T22:17:44Z

Tracking ID 3S-519-737 

0 Kudos
Over_it_already
Reel Rookie

Welp this has to be the most hopeless thing I've seen all day I've been having this issue with my 55" hisense TV so I hopped on the internet and saw this thread thinking great maybe we can fix this just to see a almost 1 year old thread on here with 31 pages of people having the same problem and alls I can see is the helpers on this site give out the same paragraph of questions and help steps...

Come on man yall gotta know what the issue is by now but yall are telling me you guys have known of this issue for this long and continue to push out product with the same issue. . . . I actually feel sorry for you guys having to post that same scripted 5 step guide to get paid. Cuz at this point roku don't seem to care whether it gets fixed or not atleast I'll say thankyou for not telling people to try buying another roku product and see if that fixes the issue" 

And nowadays they're just saying they've forwarded the issue to the correct team who is this team? 

This definitely deserves a class action case due to just the fact that we pay for subscriptions we can't use because we decided to go with your product and your team. . . . That's a bit lame

You can't even say the word law and suit next to each other on this page which is kinda sus guess thats up their with the worst of the worst words we know so we will just call it the word that shall not be named

Suejetski
Channel Surfer

Last night several of my apps stopped working. (Paramount, Hallmark, Hulu, Freevee, Plex, Disney, Max, etc ~ Basically two apps still work: Sling and Prime Video.)

I can click on the app, it starts, the app logo displays for a few seconds, then it kicks back to the Home Screen. I’ve deleted and reinstalled with no luck. Then I noticed several minutes later a new option for New Years Central appeared in the main menu. I feel the disruption of my Roku world is related to the Roku update since I don’t believe in coincidence. 

Please go back to the system build prior to Friday December 29!

Model: 7111X Roku TV

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4176-30

GC version 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-31T02:22:37Z

Issue ID 99-524-302

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Suejetski,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

Please provide us with the missing information. Roku device serial number, and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
In the meantime, kindly try to restart your network router, restart your system, and see if it fixes the issue. Also, how far is your Roku device from your network router? Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hpalej
Reel Rookie

I've tried deleting unused apps, the clear cache (5x home, up, rew, ffwd) and factory reset.

TCL Model: 55R617-CA

HW ID: 7120X

SW: 12.5.0 build 4176-30

Device ID: FV28C9616993

Tracker ID: 93-002-547

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku TV (All brand) - Multiple channels going back to Home Screen.

Hi @Hpalej,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator