Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Pro Series You Tube TV issue

Jump to solution

I just setup a Roku Pro Series with the streaming apps I previously used on a Roku stick. The first time I selected You Tube TV I got the profile screen where I can select my profile. The next time I selected the You Tube TV icon it bypassed the profile page and went to the last channel I was watching at the same point where I exited the app. Then I have to fast forward to get to the current time frame. I have rebooted my router and Roku, also did up dates to Roku and the app. I hope someone has a fix for this. thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roku Pro Series You Tube TV issue

Jump to solution

I finally figured it out. I have to actually exit the YTTV app. This seems to be unique to a Roku tv. I never had to exit the app on my current Roku streaming bar or the previous Roku stick.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bugsbunny57 If I understand correctly what you are experiencing is normal for YouTube TV.  If I move from my family room to the kitchen and continue watching YouTube TV, when I return to the family room and open the YouTube TV app it takes me to the point where I exited the app.  I have an Apple TV device in the family room and a Roku device in the kitchen.  What I do is every time I leave YouTube TV on any device is I exit YouTube TV to the home screen.  Then when I return it opens to the YouTube TV home screen.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am not moving from one tv to another. This happening on the same tv. It does not happen on the tv in the bedroom with Roku streaming bar. This is what I expect to happen. At the Roku main screen where it shows all the streaming apps, I click on YTTV, it takes me directly to the last channel and point in show where I left off. For example if I was watching 6 o'clock news and press home to go back to the main page and go back into YTTV hours later or even the next day, the news is still on from when I exited. What should happen when I select YTTV is the profile page should appear allowing me to select my profile and then go to whatever channel. I just figured out if I reboot the Roku this senecio does happen. But I don't want to reboot every time I want to watch YTTV.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I finally figured it out. I have to actually exit the YTTV app. This seems to be unique to a Roku tv. I never had to exit the app on my current Roku streaming bar or the previous Roku stick.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.