Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmer6

Roku Pausing due to phone camera

So I thought it was a fluke but it's been continuously happening for a year now and I have no explanation as to why. If I ever use my phone to take a picture or video of something I'm watching on the tv it will automatically pause or just keep skipping from pause to Play over and over. It's no big deal but was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. I have a pixel 6 if that means anything

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Pausing due to phone camera

That's weird.  Are you running any Roku-related apps on the phone?

Is the flash being used?  If so, try without?  (Wild guessing that the flash might be flickering in a way that looks like an IR signal.)

0 Kudos
Kiefcoffee

I have a pixel 6 and it does the same thing ! This phone is already such a burden, another reason for me to switch lol

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kiefcoffee

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Have you tried the suggested tip posted by @Strega, to check if the issue still occurs? To isolate the problem you could also try using a different mobile device and see if there's any difference. 

Let us know what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ro-user-ku

holy **bleep**. just discovered this quirk and tried googling it. I also am on a pixel 6....

0 Kudos