Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOSU
Reel Rookie

ROKU ULTRA (4670x) start and stop (buffering) every 5s when streaming MLS Season Pass

Jump to solution

My ROKU Ultra (4670x) no longer supports MLS Season pass streaming. This used to work well for years. After I updated my Roku Apple TV app now it stops and restarts every ~5s, making it impossible to watch, behaving like it is buffering.  
There is plenty of capacity on internet feed (500/500 Mbps) and Ultra is connected via LAN, so not a local connectivity issue.

Also if I use my ROKU Streambar (9102R) on the same feed and internet connectivity the MLS Season pass works fine (no buffering). 

So why is this no longer  working on Roku ULTRA ? 
Seems like some HW/Compatibility issues for latest Apple TV when streaming MLS Season pass !!My Roku Ultra works fine for all other streaming apps (Directv, Netflix, Max, Prime, ....)

SW info :

AppleTv: Version 14.3 Build 50
Roku Ultra (4670x) : 13.0.0 Build 24056-46
Roku Streambar (9102R) : 12.5.5 Build 4174-95

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU ULTRA (4670x) start and stop (buffering) every 5s when streaming MLS Season Pass

Jump to solution

Greetings here in the Roku Community, @BOSU1!

We see that you are experiencing issues with your Roku device while streaming the MLS season pass. We are here to help you with this.

Kindly follow the steps precisely below to help you troubleshoot the affected channels:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After completing this step, please highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. For additional information, please visit How to Solve a Playback Issue.

Please note: Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable to avoid delays caused by fluctuations in speed or signal strength, even with fiber optics.

We are looking forward to your reply and are willing to assist you in getting back to streaming.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU ULTRA (4670x) start and stop (buffering) every 5s when streaming MLS Season Pass

Jump to solution
We appreciate your update, @BOSU.

Given that this is an isolated incident specific to the MLS channel, we recommend reaching out to their customer support team for additional assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the content on the Roku platform is primarily managed and updated independently by the respective channel providers. You can contact them here: MLS support.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than willing to assist.

Best regards,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings here in the Roku Community, @BOSU1!

We see that you are experiencing issues with your Roku device while streaming the MLS season pass. We are here to help you with this.

Kindly follow the steps precisely below to help you troubleshoot the affected channels:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After completing this step, please highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. For additional information, please visit How to Solve a Playback Issue.

Please note: Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable to avoid delays caused by fluctuations in speed or signal strength, even with fiber optics.

We are looking forward to your reply and are willing to assist you in getting back to streaming.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BOSU
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for input
Note MLS Season Pass is an option on Apple TV, so are you suggesting to to remove and reinstall Apple TV ?

Though it seems I have resolved the issue.

As after I installed a Micro SD (2 GB), I'm able to stream MLS Season Pass on AppleTV channel fine without buffering on my ROKU Ultra

Seems that by adding MicroSD this reduced (or improved) processing on Roku Ultra, seems the microSD added to RAM or somehow reduced processor load.

So for now the issue seems to be resolved.
Though strange that this suddenly occurred as worked earlier in season and all last season without microSD.

So was there a Apple TV/MLS Season pass Capacity increase or was something changed on ROKU Ultra SW lately ??

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
We appreciate your update, @BOSU.

Given that this is an isolated incident specific to the MLS channel, we recommend reaching out to their customer support team for additional assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the content on the Roku platform is primarily managed and updated independently by the respective channel providers. You can contact them here: MLS support.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than willing to assist.

Best regards,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.