Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magnusfl
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Branded Commercials Freeze

My Roku Ultra does same thing

0 Kudos

My Roku express device does the same thing. It locks-up at the end of all ads that want you to sign-up for a free trial and the Roku ads. Very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @magnusfl and @jackdaniels,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with your device. Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MsCee
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues with Roku as well. This has been happening to me for over a month. I like Roku, but I don't like the way the same freezing issue comes stays on from a commercial. Can anyone hep me? Thanks 

Leannek18
Streaming Star

They have no solution unfortunately 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MsCee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate this issue further. May we know if this is happening on all contents and channels or if this is isolated? (Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MsCee
Reel Rookie

Thanks John, for getting back with me. The commercials only freezes up; when I'm trying to watch something on the Roku channel. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @MsCee

Could you please confirm on what app/channel this issue occurs? Also, may we know what specific Roku device you are having issues with? Further, what troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve the issue?

We hope to hear back from you. All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kem827
Reel Rookie

It is getting worse. The newest commercials are doing the same thing. I would think that the roku solvers would have enough sense to review your production process or to try to identify the individual(s) in their employment that are causing this. Surely enough have been reported to Identify the cause, and to resolve and to prevent the issue. The only other option  is that this is intentional to require those of us with older units to buy an updated version.

Leannek18
Streaming Star

my unit is less than 2 years old, I'd be **bleep** If i give them another dime. 

My assumption is they just don't care.

0 Kudos