Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manndelion
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Branded Commercials Freeze

To be fair we were given instructions on what to do to provide them with more information about what models are doing it and what codes it's throwing when it freezes

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

I've quit using mine for the time being though. I'll have to remind myself about these steps when I start watching again.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

We are aware of this occurring issue and the team is currently in the process of investigating and finding you the best resolution possible.

If you are experiencing the same issue, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can include your device in the process:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

For those who have already provided their details on this thread, rest assured that we have already collected those, and has been forwarded to the team. We'll be looking forward to the responses of those who did not provide the details needed yet. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leannek18
Streaming Star

And i have done that for multiple issues when I actually called them  about 2 months ago and never heard back from them with a solution. 

0 Kudos
bigmc66

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

I am following this string. I have the same issue for the last 2 months. It is only the Roku channel on my roku device. Locks up at end of commercials. Here is my info:

Model 3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial # X00400VEX9E5

Software: 12.5.0 Bbuild 4178-AE

Device ID S01229AEX9E5

Tracker ID - E5-029-973

0 Kudos
manndelion
Reel Rookie

@RokuCarly wrote:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Model: 3930X - Roku Express
S/N: X004003ST5HA
ID: S008314ST5HA

Tracker ID: HA-030-203

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bigmc66 @manndelion.

We appreicate you for providing us with the requested details. Rest assured that your devices are already included in the process of investigation and correction. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated at this point. 

If there's anything else you'd like to report, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PTeele99

Model: 3930RW-Roku Express

Serial # x00400k3mx0a

Device ID s0132973mx0a

OS version 12.5.0 •build 4178-ae

Tracker ID 0A-032-049

watching 2 Broke Girls on the Roku channel and it keeps freezing during commercials. It doesn’t matter what the commercial is. I’ve updated the app as well as deleted and redownloaded it and it didn’t help.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @PTeele99

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for providing this information. Rest assured that these details have been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. An update will be provided once more information has been released from the team regarding this.

Your patience and understanding would be much appreciated as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mcHelen
Reel Rookie

Model #3930X-Roku Express

Serial #X00400LRMYHC

DEVICE ID #S008207RMYHC

O/S 12.5.0, Build 4178-AE

Two freezes during one episode:

HC-033-148 and -171

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @mcHelen!

It is highly appreciated that you have provided your device's information to be included in the process of review and correction regarding this matter.

Rest assured that we have already forwarded this to our relevant Roku team. In the meantime, we humbly request for a little bit more of your patience as we work on this. Once we've been notified of updates from the team we will make sure to let the Community know about it.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos