Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daisydo898

Reload screen while I'm watching BLAZE TV.

I have the same problem. The only reason I have ROKU is to watch Blaze on my TV. I bought the new version Roku stick and it was fine for a few months now it keeps reloading every 5-10 minutes, really annoying. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: goes into a reload screen while I'm watching BLAZE TV.

Hello @daisydo898

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes, looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
WVonBlazeTv
Reel Rookie

I have experienced the same for a reload problem with Blaze TV with both stick, and a Xpress, 4G or 4K excuse me. After experimenting with a number of workaround fixes is suggested in the community and my recruit, special assistant, I’ve ventured a trial on airplay Apple from an iPad and from an iPhone. The airplay version if you’re an iPhone user your iPad user works great. I took the buffering over and over and over again to practically zero and then maybe it hangs for a second or two. so, if you happen to have an apple iPhone, or an iPad, I am strongly recommend you engage the airplay on your Roku device and on your iPad or iPhone works great frankly I am limited to DSL wireless so you gotta realize slow speeds are my version of reality here. But, this workaround, or if you want to call it that Alternate option, give it a try I think you’ll be pleased.

0 Kudos

I used to be able to watch the live stream with no issues. It’s buffers so much that I can’t stand to watch the live feed any longer. This is the only channel I have this issue with. I wait until the show is posted and watch it later with no trouble. It’s pretty irritating. 

0 Kudos
WVonBlazeTv
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried all the tactics you suggest, but to no avail. Yes, the problem only occurs on The Blaze channel. If I Air Play through my iPad or iPhone, the problem generally doesn’t occur  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Linders1216,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your device when streaming content through the Roku channel. We'd be glad to check more to see how we can assist. We recommend starting here to troubleshoot the channel issue.

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel."
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue persists, please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bill53
Reel Rookie

This only happens on my Roku TV with live streaming from the Blaze. There is no error message, it just keeps reloading. I have removed the app several times and even check it for updates every time I open it.  It may fix it for a short time and starts in again. Yet if I watch the Blaze on PLUTO no issues, so it can't be my TV or the internet speed. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bill53,

Thanks for the post.

We'd like to know more about the issue you've encountered to see how we can assist. Have you tried performing a system restart after you've removed the channel to complete an optimal restart to your Roku device? Also, what specific Roku device are you having issues with? Further, when did you first notice this issue start to occur?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos