Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stops streaming after 3 mins - v12.5.0 build 4178-c2 - Sling, Tablo, Amazon, Hulu, Emby....

Hi @CraigMKDavis,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Ultra since it keeps stopping streaming after three (3) minutes. We're happy to assist you further, but we will need to gather more information.

• How far is your Roku device from your router?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CraigMKDavis
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stops streaming after 3 mins - v12.5.0 build 4178-c2 - Sling, Tablo, Amazon, Hulu, Emby....

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

The Roku is about 8 inches from the router and the Roku is connected to the router with an Ethernet connection.

We have made no recent changes to the network or network provider.

We don't currently have a means to test using cellular data.

The problem results in a quiet return to the home screen. Here is a photo of the bug tracker right after being returned to the home screen: https://imgur.com/a/4bHdNfr

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @CraigMKDavis,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Dont99

Roku keeps stopping with TALBO app after 3 minutes or so on my Roku stick, ultra lite but not on my fire stick something wrong with version 12.5?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dont99,

Thanks for taking your first post here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your Roku player, and adding the channel back? To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KFITZGERALD
Channel Surfer

I'm also encountering a crash when trying to use the Tablo 4-gen app on Roku.  I just installed it on Friday 1/19.  I have the Roku Ultra 4660RW with software release 12.5.5 and build 4174-46.

I did try restarting the Roku box but I haven't tried reinstalling the app.  I am not experiencing this issue when I use the Tablo App on my iPhone.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KFITZGERALD,

Thank you for getting in touch, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you having the same issue with Tablo app. Some troubleshooting procedures can be found on the help page that @RokuJechealR has supplied. Tell us what you discover and whether it was helpful.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Karob0419

I have this problem but only when stream on the Roku channel. The on demand will work for a time and then exit and return to app screen. If the only solution is to create a mobile hotspot, I will need to find a new device, that isn’t a reasonable solution. What is the fix?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Karob0419, @KFITZGERALD,

Welcome, and thanks for keeping the Roku Community informed.

To help learn more about this, we'll need your help by sharing the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @boboco1,

We appreciate your communication and extend a warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We'll forward this information to the appropriate team for additional evaluation, and we'll ensure that this community thread is updated with any developments.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.