Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlarson
Channel Surfer

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Mine does the same.  worked on a Roku 3 but then I replaced it with an Express.  Have checked for updates --- that's fine.   Have deleted Pluto channel, restarted roku, and reinstalled Pluto but it did not solve the problem,.

0 Kudos
Frío
Reel Rookie

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

You know, now that I think of it, I had a somewhat similar issue with Xfinity Stream on Sunday night but it's been fixed. Every time I went to sports or my saved shows in the past, it would shutdown and close out. Maybe Sports was overwhelmed or it was being worked on considering the category on Sunday. All in all, it was fixed by MNF. In the past, Tubi and Crackle would do the same as Pluto but fixed right away. Why it's taking Pluto so long, who knows, but it seems to be in the relationship with Roku. It's fine everywhere else during these times. This concerns me for cord-cutting. I don't want to be left with zero access or forced to cast once we do since this happens so often on almost every app we use at some point.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV will not work on my Roku after 9/5/24 update

Jump to solution

Hi, @mstacal 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with Pluto TV, and we appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the issue in an attempt to resolve it. For this matter, we'd like to request for further details so that our team can investigate. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We hope for your response along with the requested information.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roadie2000
Reel Rookie

New Roku streaming stick and Pluto TV not working, keeps going back to home page

Jump to solution

I recently bought a new 4K streaming stick cause my old one kept stating it was overheating. Installed new stick today Sept 11 2024 and all the channels the work except Pluto. You click on the channel it shows the Pluto logo and goes back to Home Screen. Have removed the channel, restarted the system, reinstalled Pluto multiple times and same thing. Please Help or do i need to return this stick?

SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Re: New Roku streaming stick and Pluto TV not working, keeps going back to home page

Jump to solution

Pluto still not working. It kicks you back to the home screen. I will remove the app is this can not be fixed. 

0 Kudos
Roadie2000
Reel Rookie

Re: New Roku streaming stick and Pluto TV not working, keeps going back to home page

Jump to solution

Sorry are you replying to me and stating it cannot be fixed? So i should just keep using my old stick? All my other Roku devices Pluto works but this new streaming stick doesn’t allow Pluto??

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community, @Roadie2000!

We understand that you're also experiencing trouble with the Pluto TV App. 

As we continue to work on resolving this issue, we would greatly appreciate your collaboration in the ongoing investigation. We kindly request that you provide the specific details shared earlier by @RokuTakashi. Your input is invaluable in helping us reach a solution.

We are looking forward to your response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roadie2000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick 4K

Model 3820X2

S/N S0J7345MV75Y

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Roadie2000!

We appreciate you supplying the additional details needed to proceed with the investigation. 

Rest assured, we have documented your details and will forward them to the relevant team at Roku for careful review. We genuinely appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this matter and are committed to addressing any issues to improve your experience. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have a funny feeling that Pluto dropped Roku! I could be wrong. We will see, 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.