Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekup56
Reel Rookie

Playback confined to a small box

I have a Roku Express that I leave plugged in all the time. Lately, whenever, I turn my TV back on, whatever I’m watching on the device is confined to a box on a left side of the screen. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback confined to a small box

Hi @derekup56,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the Roku Community.

We seem to have trouble understanding this concern you're running into. Would you mind elaborating on it for us? Also, supporting details such as photos or videos would help.

We'll sincerely appreciate your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
derekup56
Reel Rookie

Thanks for getting back to me! The problem resolved itself for a while, but now it’s back again. I have a photograph, but I’m not sure how to send it. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @derekup56,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you on how you can post the photograph here. On the upper right of the box where you will be typing your paragraph, please select "Expand Toolbar." It will show more icons on the lower part, where you can see a camera icon to insert or drag your photo. After doing so, you should be able to send the photograph here.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
derekup56
Reel Rookie

What my Roku picture looks like nowWhat my Roku picture looks like now

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you so much for this additional detail. @derekup56.

Since this seems to be a reoccurring issue, kindly try to plug your Roku Express into a different HDMI port on your TV. If the issue persists, kindly try to use the Roku device on a different TV and see if this issue also happens with a different TV. Also, perform a restart on your TV by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in for approximately 60 seconds. Ultimately, powering your Roku Express directly to the power outlet has a big impact on resolving this concern.

We hope this helps. Please keep us in the loop.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos