Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After short power outage, device keeps resetting and remotes on two devices are non-responsive

We had a short 1-minute power outage during last night.  Today, the remote on my 4200x quit responding as did the one on my 4630x.  And the 4200x unit keeps resetting on its own every couple of minutes.

I had a model Roku 2xs in the closet and I hooked it up and the same issue - remote won't do anything to control the device.

The power outage was during the night and none of the devices were on.

I used the app on my phone to control the 4200x, but that isn't a long term solution.

Any idea how to get everything back working?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After short power outage, device keeps resetting and remotes on two devices are non-responsive

Hi @michaelvince2,

Greetings from the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku devices. How are you powering your Roku devices? How far are your Roku devices from your network router? We suggest plugging your Roku devices directly into the wall outlet and not on a power strip or the back of the TV in order for them to get enough power. You can also try to unplug them for about a minute, then plug them back in, or try using a different USB cable and power adapter. After doing so, please reboot your router, for it may improve your internet speed since it will reset the memory storage and free up space for a faster connection. A reboot can also help solve basic connectivity issues. Once the Roku devices and router restart, try changing the batteries on your Roku remote. You can check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Let us know how it goes, and we will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos