Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMH321
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount plus not working on my Roku

Jump to solution

@RokuLianna As mentioned in my message, I have not been able to access Paramount Plus to watch an entire show since 2/20/23 via Roku. Sometimes a show will start, but when commercials come on, the app basically gets stuck and then produces an error message. I can get down to the last 8 seconds of the commercial or 108 seconds and then the app freezes. The show or the app will not restart despite unplugging the Roku, doing a soft reset, we check internet connection, signed out of Paramount, we've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, the tv updated, ensured no ad blockers on the router etc, - as mentioned we have followed all suggestions from Roku including asking for P+ support. We even tested on a second tv with a Roku and P+ did not work. All other apps are working such as Netflix, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime. We are able to access our Paramount Plus on an iPad. On our end, we have changed nothing, the app just quit working in Roku. 

Roku and P+ need to stop pointing fingers at one another and fix whatever bug has recently occurred. Is that enough information to get you all started? 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @JMH321

Thank you for keeping in touch!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Paramount Plus channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Paramount Plus support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Kkutcher1

Jump to solution

10/16/2023 10:07pm. Still not working. All other apps streaming fine.

Paramount + will not work.

Restarted it. 
unplugged it.

Blah blah blah

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Kkutcher1.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we sincerely regret any difficulties this may have caused you. 

We fully acknowledge the playback issue you've been experiencing with the Paramount+ app on The Roku Channel, and rest assured that our Engineering team has been made aware of this and is currently in the process of fixing it. Once we have more information, we will make sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, we highly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on this. Please let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action. Also, feel free to create a new thread for different concerns.

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sentarose

Jump to solution

My Roku smart TV is new to me today. I installed and uninstalled and installed and uninstalled repeatedly checking for updates. I have restarted and restarted and checked updates repeatedly on the Roku. I also unplugged and plugged in my electric plug. I am using a new high quality ethernet cord with a business internet router. I get no green screen anywhere but on paramount plus. 

I don't think the problem is paramount plus as I had no trouble streaming it at all on my former TV that was .....  no joke ... literally 20 years old! 

The problem is the Roku "smart" TV. There seems to be no interest in fixing this problem by Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Sentarose,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue when accessing Paramount Plus. We'd like to help.

Do you see any error messages? Are you able to access it but not cannot play any content?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sentarose

Jump to solution

When I play a show on Roku the problem SO MANY OTHERS are talking about happens. I get a green screen. It's like you can't see that there is a problem when so many have been talking about it. There are channels on YouTube with this subject in the title. But, nothing they suggest works. This is why I am saying, fix it already. You need to fix the problem on your end. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sentarose,

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your prompt response. Please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have this information available we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dmpopelka

Jump to solution

Been having same problems as other where Roku devices all stopped working.  Have tried multiple resets and re-installs to no avail.  Just now, I tried again to delete and add Paramount Plus.  Now, I am unable to reload the app.  I get a black screen indicating an error has happened with Paramount + indicated in upper left corner.  This is the same error message I usually get when launching the paramount app.

Using Streaming Stick 4K

Serial #x025004M1RYE (soj7337m1rye)

Software version:  12.5.0 build 4178-E6

GC version 10.2.518

Timestamp: 2023-11-09T22:19:26Z

Use issue ID  YE-450-619

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dmpopelka,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing your concern and taking those fantastic troubleshooting steps. Thanks for providing your device information. Does the issue occur on the specific device or all your devices? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it works this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos