Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobMabuti
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick Frequently stuck, unresponsive

I have 2 Roku Streaming Stick 4K, both powered with USB. On startup, both are frequently stuck (like very 3rd or 4th day), remote is unresponsive except for on/off. I frequently unplug/plug to re-boot to get it going again. Very annoying, inconvenient because plug is st back of a cabinet.

I've googled endlessly, read all suggestions, problem persist. Other than unplug/plug, is there a solution to this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Stick Frequently stuck, unresponsive

Hi @BobMabuti,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobMabuti
Reel Rookie

Thanks John. I read the guide. I don't think the remote control unit is the problem. It works quite well when the stick is working.  When the stick is stuck, the remote  still operates the TV on/off and volume control.  I even tried moving the remote inches away from the stick, no go.  When the stick OS (Linux?) crushes, no signal from remote will make it work.  My only recourse is to unplug/plug. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @BobMabuti,

Thanks for the post,

You should use the power adapter to connect your Roku device directly to a wall outlet instead of powering it with the USB at the back of your TV.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos