Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadwx58
Channel Surfer

Re: Soundbar Pro constantly crashing since 11/2/23 update!!

Hello John,

I rebooted the modem and router and then allowed the streambar to reconnect to the network.  I then did the shutdown method via the menu on the Roku.

I am still seeing some glitches on the screen since that reboot, with the screen going black/blank for several seconds at a time.
In addition, the streambar is running very slowly again.

What else can we try?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We appreicate you reaching out for support and we sincerely regret any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

We will coordinate this with the relevant Roku team for further review and will need further information. Kindly provide us the details requested by @RokuERey above so we can create a ticket effectively. 

To those who already provided the information needed and have been already acknowledged, rest assured that your information has already been forwarded. 

Once again, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chadwx58
Channel Surfer

Hello Carly, @RokuERey 

I believe I have provided all of the information needed between the past several posts.. but if you need it all in one post... here you go.

The soundbar is registered to my wife's account.. katierajek@gmail.com
I am having a bunch of problems with my Roke Soundbar as described by the other community user.

Model: 9201R
Serial #: YL000G253262
Device ID: 2A1090253262
I have yet to be able to get the Roku to provide me a tracker ID # when it glitches out.  I try hitting the home button 5 times, followed by the back button and nothing happens.

Please let me know if there is another way I can help get my Soundbar to work consistently and without all of the problems I have been experiencing since the early November 2023 update.
We have noticed this issue with the YouTubeTV App, Amazon, Disney + and others.. with sometimes a purple flashing screen happening, or sometimes it just goes dark.
It also is very slow in any kind of response when trying to do anything with it.

Even after cycling the power, the above issues return.

We only started having these problems *after* the November 2023 software update.

I rebooted the modem and router and then allowed the streambar to reconnect to the network.  I then did the shutdown method via the menu on the Roku.

I am still seeing some glitches on the screen since that reboot, with the screen going black/blank for several seconds at a time.
In addition, the streambar is running very slowly again.

Again, these problems all started after the November 2023 software update.

Thank you

Chadwx58

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @chadwx58.

We appreicate you for providing us with the requested details.

Rest assured that this has already been forwarded to the relevant team for further review.

Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we appreciate you bearing with us as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbutler92
Reel Rookie

Just adding another user experiencing this problem. Even the "Roku cinematic sound" and "getting started" channels are crashing

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jbutler92,

Thanks for letting us know.

May we know the following:

• When did you start having this issue?
  • What is your device running OS version? (Settings > System > About)
  • What have you done so far in an attempt to fix the issue?

Please keep us informed so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbutler92
Reel Rookie

I just received my device this month, 12/4/23 and it is yet to ever work properly. I haven't even been able to watch a full episode of any show on it due to this issue.

Version: 12.5.0 - build 4178-95

I've validated the network is working. Ive tried performing a factory reset and making sure everything is up to date.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jbutler92,

Thanks for the quick response!

We'd like to confirm a few things on our end so we can determine the issue that you are experiencing.

• How are you powering your Roku device?
  • Have you tried restarting your modem and router? Please try restarting your network router; it helps improve your connection.
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? If yes, please try connecting to a hotspot.
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbutler92
Reel Rookie

This is a roku streambar pro so it is powered by the wall AC outlet.

I have tried restarting my network equipment, it makes no difference. I don't have a mobile hotspot I can use.

I have confirmed that this affects Netflix, the roku channel, the roku sound experience app I mentioned above, and even the getting started channel.

All apps appear to just crash, a black screen appears and the device returns to the home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jbutler92,

Thanks for providing all these details.

We understand you are having problems streaming with your Roku Streambar Pro. We would be happy to look further into this issue. Please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to escalate it to our Roku-appropriate team.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos