Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback while watching “Coach”

Hi @drmulder @Robert1210,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand the issue you're having with a content problem. We would be more than glad to take a closer look into this. Kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel?? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

We would appreciate you for providing the information for us to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robert1210
Reel Rookie

I don't have a roku tv - just the usb plugged into the side of the tv.  It quite literally only happens when watching coach.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Robert1210,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

For us to further look into the issue, would you be so kind as to provide the information asked above in my comment? Once information is received, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

Several people have reported the same problem I was having watching Coach. Roku asks for the same information (that has been provided previously) but nothing is done to fix the problem. Since my first post months ago, I finally gave up trying to watch it. I responded to Roku everytime information has been requested, but nothing ever changed. I think if Roku doesn't know how to fix the problem, they just quit responding. That's what happened to me.

BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

I don't blame you. After trying the suggestions that the customer service rep sent to me and others, nothing changed. I ended up ordering the complete Coach series on DVD. Shows on streaming services come and go, and I'd rather play it safe and own it on DVD. 

0 Kudos
pheasant16
Channel Surfer

Found this thread.  I tried to visit with Roku tech support.  They told me to contact the coach channel.  "We support hardware and software issues, not channels"

If anyone knows how to get ahold of the coach channel please fill me in.  Hayden has an unlisted number, Dauber and Luther are visiting Graceland, Howard and Shirley are at a Barbie auction, and Doris is in rehab after Kenny ran her over with a golf cart.

0 Kudos
Robert1210
Reel Rookie

Lol!  What coach channel?? It’s a show on their app.  Smh

0 Kudos
drmulder
Reel Rookie

RokuTashi,

No offense but the information you are asking, if you actually READ the complaints you'd know the answers so it's obvious you are merely offering a "canned" request for every person that posts the same issue.  For example, you ask, "Does this issue occur on a specific channel?? If so, what version/build is the channel?"  More than a half dozen people have told you it happens ON THE ROKU CHANNEL and it ONLY HAPPENS WITH THE PROGRAM COACH.  Similarly, you ask, "Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing."  OBVIOUSLY, you simply play any COACH episode on the ROKU CHANNEL it happens.  TRY READING YOUR CUSTOMER'S QUESTIONS.  It shows no interest in the problem to simply repost a canned request when the problem should by now be patently obvious to you.  

drmulder
Reel Rookie

For anyone interested in a work-a-round I can play Coach on my iPhone fine and then "cast" it to Apple TV.  It's a bit "tricky" but you download the Roku app to your phone. Then go to the Roku channel and find the Coach show.  On the options, there are dots (vertical) that you hit, then you select "Play on Mobile" and it will play fine on your television/monitor.

0 Kudos

Re: [OS 12.0] Playback while watching “Coach”

I’ve been experiencing the same playback issues you’ve described with Unsolved Mysteries on the Roku Channel. Same blurry, pixelated images when there is movement almost like it is downloading the image every second. Its not my TV and its not my internet connection. I couldn’t find any help online and not sure what to do.

0 Kudos