Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback while watching “Coach”

Hi @BeeCee2,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

Hi, Chel:

Thank you for replying. 

When I watch "Coach" on the Roku channel, the show pixelates. Every episode, every season. Other shows on the Roku channel work fine. 

Others on this forum have had the same issue when watching Coach, and other customer service reps have answered with suggestions: 

1) Uninstall the Roku channel, then re-install it.

2) Uninstall the Roku channel, restart the Roku device, then reinstall the Roku channel. 

3) Check connection and updates on Roku device to see if that produces results.

I've tried all of the above, and nothing has changed. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BeeCee2,

Thanks for the response!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • IP Address (from whatismyip.com)
  • When did you notice the issue occurred?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

Hi, Chel:

The problem began 2-3 days ago. I have 2 Roku devices (one upstairs in bedroom, one downstairs in TV room), so I will send screenshots of both devices if this will help.

20230716_162321.jpg

Downstairs Roku device information. 

0 Kudos
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

Upstairs Roku device has this problem as well, 

Screenshot_20230716_163048_Photos.jpg

0 Kudos
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

I don't want to send my IP address on a public forum. Is there another way to send it?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BeeCee2,

We appreciate the information you've provided!

You can provide us with the remaining information by sending us a PM here at the Roku Community for confidentiality. Rest assured, we will pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd like assistance with besides this.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robert1210
Reel Rookie

Myself and someone else I know are having the same problem.  How do we fix it?

0 Kudos
drmulder
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  I watched 2 plus seasons of Coach with no problem and then the other day I played an episode and it was pixelated.  Other series and shows work fine it is only with Coach.  This problem needs to be fixed because the main reason I purchased a Roku device was to play the Coach series.

0 Kudos
Robert1210
Reel Rookie

Same here. Coach is the only show that gives me a problem.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.