Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

[OS 12.0] Playback while watching “Coach”

When watching “Coach” on Roku TV channel on Samsung TV, playback is horrible. Streaks across screen with any movement. Watching on tablet is fine. Commercials are clear. Is this a TV setting?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Playback while watching “Coach”

Hello @Frawgdale

Thanks for reaching out here in Community.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Does this issue happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Can you provide an image of the issue you are seeing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

I am using a Roku Express 4K+. The best way to describe the distortion is that the whole picture is very blurry when there is motion. This is only happening when watching Coach on the Roku Channel. I can't figure out how to insert a picture.

0 Kudos
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

20230507_052345.jpg

This is a shot of the distortion

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Frawgdale

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the affected channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

We performed the removal, restart and reinstallation of the Roku Channel. Did not seem to make any difference. Tried to watch it on a different TV with an older Roku device, and the same thing happened. Doesnt happen with other shows on Roku Channel. Can watch it on IPad with no problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Frawgdale,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing Coach on The Roku Channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • specific season or episodes that you are seeing this issue occur with
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further. We look forward to hearing back your response and helping us look into the issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

20230508_195859.jpg

It starts as soon as the show starts. Here is the information from the tracker

0 Kudos
Frawgdale
Channel Surfer

Mary, did you see the information that I sent?

0 Kudos
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same problem while watching Coach. Blurry and pixelated whenever there's movement on the screen. The issue happens on both of my Roku players. I tried the suggestion given in this forum, but nothing has helped. I'm VERY close to just purchasing the series on DVD. 

0 Kudos