Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mstrong

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

We are having the same issue with our Roku Ultra attached to our Vizio 65". I switched to Stereo as recommended here and that has solved the issue apparently, but now we have no use of our subwooofer until this issue is fixed. It's too bad as we really liked the Roku Ultra as our primary platform. Time to look around for an alternative I guess. 

0 Kudos
Santa_Cruzer
Reel Rookie

I have been working with YouTube TV on this problem, they asked some questions on my troubleshooting, I sent it to them as well as a link to this thread; they emailed me back with one more suggestion I did not try, and I will paste below.  

I am not able to troubleshoot more until this weekend, so I thought I’d post it here for others to try.  If this doesn’t work, he suggests a rather tedious task of getting more information back to them on Stats for Nerds.

I’m impressed with YouTube TV response so far, it’s a knowledgeable person who wanted to know the troubleshooting I had tried; it’s not the canned “what’s your 5.1 receiver, model #s, software level, etc” we usually get.

——-
Thank you for the additional information as well as the link to the Roku Support Forum post related to this. There is one last sequence of troubleshooting steps that you can perform:

1. Uninstall the YouTube TV app on your Roku Ultra
  2. Unplug the Roku Ultra from its power source, give it 30 seconds, then plug it back in
  3. Once the power is back on, reinstall the YouTube TV app on the Roku Ultra
  4. Clear cache specifically for YouTube TV (if the feature is available)
  5. Set up your sign in as needed

Please let me know if despite the sequence of steps above the issue would persist, I would have to escalate your case by then. I would be needing you to submit device feedback as well as send the Stats for Nerds info. I will be providing the instructions below.

[I’m not attaching this part; it is just getting more info for them to diagnose]

———-

If you try the procedure above, let us know if it worked, again I cannot do it until this weekend myself.

bernieismycat
Channel Surfer

I have 2 different Ultras. Both have the YouTubeTV intermittent audio dropout problem. The 2nd also has a ringing noise on HBOMax. Both are on 11.5.0 4235-46.

Yesterday I received a PM from a Roku tech asking me to check if the issue was resolved. Before checking I forced an update. On both systems some channels were updated but the build number remained the same. Much to my surprise, the problem is resolved on my first Ultra, but both problems remain on the 2nd Ultra. I replied back to the Roku tech.

It appears that some progress is being made.

0 Kudos
D3f14nt
Reel Rookie

This afternoon, I received a message asking me to power-cycle my Roku Ultra and test.  I was able to confirm in a few minutes of testing that the HBO Max app is no longer exhibiting the weird audio hiccups and digitized corruption that it was producing previously for 4K titles with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos such as Dune, The Batman and House of the Dragon. 

I'm thankful that this issue has been resolved at least for my use case.  I can't speak for those with YouTube TV as I don't use it.  I hope that the audio/video issues that others are experiencing are resolved quickly.

Thank you @RokuDanny-R and @RokuMary-F for your efforts.

0 Kudos
DanPT
Reel Rookie

@D3f14nt Can you tell us what Roku software version is now running on your Roku?  It will help others to know whether they pushed a beta release or current release to your device.

0 Kudos
TD804

I have been seeing the same issue since the 11.5 update. I have one that is 11.0 and does not have an audio sync issue. Seeing the issue only on some streams within the same application. Support gave me some generic steps to follow but none worked. Its an issue with the 11.5 version which update 10/26/22.

0 Kudos
D3f14nt
Reel Rookie

@DanPT I have a Roku Ultra (4660X) with Software OS: 11.5.0 - Build 4235-46 and HBO Max version 52.45 build 9.  I checked for updates both for the Roku software and HBO Max prior to testing but none were available.  The issue was just resolved somehow.

0 Kudos
frostystar

I'm having the same problem reported here.  the audio drops out for about .5 seconds every 5-10 seconds when watching YouTube TV.  other channels on the Roku seem to work fine.  I am able to watch YouTude TV on my desktop computer with no audio issues so this seems to be a Roku problem

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: YJ00EF080713

Software: 11.5.0 - build 4235-46

Device ID: CK382E080713

Receiver: Yamaha - RX-V385

TV: Samsung UN55NU710D

YouTube TV - Version 2.22 - build 105005569

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently working hard investigating the issue that is affecting audio playback on Roku Ultra devices.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tario

I’m seeing audio drop outs on Peacock & Showtime Anytime with content that has surround sound audio. On Peacock, if I watch a stereo show, no audio issues.

Netflix, Disney+, Prime video, HBO Max, Apple TV, YouTube regular & Paramount+ play fine.

• Device Model: 4670RW
  • Serial: YJ00F168077
  • Device ID: KX998F168077
  • OS Version: 11.5.0 build 4235-46
  • Connection: Roku > Denon AVR-S720W > Samsung KS8000
  • Audio Desync: Peacock (3.11 build 12) & Showtime Anytime (2.24 build 10)
  • Tracker ID: 77-442-054
  • What am I seeing: Audio desyncs & falls behind the video.
  • Steps to reproduce: Play any surround sound content on the mentioned channels
  • Other info: Audio is on auto on Roku Ultra

As an aside, I tested Peacock on my Xbox Series X setup the same way (Xbox > AVR > TV) & do not have audio sync issues at all.

0 Kudos