Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegryn
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Fixed?  Updated version?

As mentioned in a previous comment, I had trouble with audio dropouts using Roku to stream YouTube TV on my 5.1 surround system (using Yamaha receiver).  Many reported similar problems.  Of all the streaming services we subscribe to, Youtube TV was the only one with audio dropouts. 

Per suggestions, I was about to uninstall and reinstall the YouTube TV app...when I thought I'd check for dropouts one more time.  Nothing!  The dropouts were gone.  Watched YouTube TV all afternoon with zero dropouts!!

0 Kudos
mikegryn
Reel Rookie

as mentioned...no dropouts today! last roku update was 11-02 but I'm fairly certain that I've had audio dropouts between 11-02 and 11-06.  not sure how it was corrected but happy it was.  😉

0 Kudos
MikeB3

Re: Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

About 5 weeks ago sound kept dropping from my sound bar, I have replaced the sound bar, all new cables and today a new Roku ultra . It is still cutting out .. help it’s driving me crazy 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 5.1 surround sound no ultra device having issue

@swuede78 @wallacio 

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more details, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swuede78
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R ,

• Roku device model: 4660X Roku Ultra
  • serial number: YJ009M430538
  • device ID: CK37C9430538
  • software OS/version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? Tested on both Netflix and Disney+, both not producing 5.1 surround sound and only output PCM 2.0. Disney+ shows 5.1 available but when movie is played, only PCM 2.0 is observed (am using Sonos Beam capable)
  • so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?
  • Netflix Ver 5.0 / Build 98079437
  • Disney+ Ver 1.26 / Build 2022101900
  • tracker ID - Unable to retrieve as when I press “home” button it exits the movie altogether
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Open Disney+, select “Civil War - Captain America’, start screens shows “5.1” availability but when movie is played, only PCM2.0
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@swuede78

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried power cycling the Roku device and then seeing if the issue is still occurring? 

Please keep us posted what you find out and we can investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bernieismycat
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

I had previously reported audio issues on two different Ultras, both running 11.5.0 build 4235-46. Last week I received a PM from one of the Roku techs asking me to try again. The problem was fixed on one of the Ultras and still present on the other. I replied to the tech with that status. He asked my to try rebooting the 2nd Ultra. I was out of town and unable to try until now. The 2nd Ultra is now working correctly, and I didn't need to reboot it.

Since the build number hasn't changed, I'm wondering if the problem was with Roku's servers. Otherwise they updated software without changing the build number, which should never be done.

Regardless, reports of new problems on this thread have dropped to nearly zero, so hopefully we can put this problem behind us.

0 Kudos
swuede78
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuDanny-R ,

yes did the power cycle and issue recurs. In fact both Netflix and Disney+ are not outputting 5.1 surrounds anymore.

Sound mode is OFF, and Audio settings set to auto. Even if I chose Dolby Audio, its the same no 5.1 surround.

Regards 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe the issue customers were experiencing with their Roku Ultra device and surround sound has now been resolved.

If you are experiencing another issue related to the Roku Ultra device, that is not related to surround sound, we would recommend searching the Roku Community for another thread similar to what you are seeing, or creating a new thread for your issue.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos