Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayhem724
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Hello. I just updated my Ultra to the latest update last Saturday. Ever since the update the sound quality is messed up. Is there any way to roll back to the previous update? I didnt have any issues with sound before the update. For example, Halloween Ends on Peacock is unwatchable with the audio. Also, House of the Dragon on HBO Max is unwatchable. Even previous episodes that were fine have the problem now. I have tried all the fixes that I have seen on the forum and nothing works unless I just set the audio to stereo

128 REPLIES 128
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

@RokuDanny-R may want to collect more information.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mayhem724,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. What is the Roku model and software version, are found under Home > Settings > System > About.
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
3. Does this happen on all movies/shows in Peacock and HBO Max or just specific titles?
4. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Mayhem724
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuMary-F 

Model is 4670X-Roku Ultra

I was using software version 11.5.0 build 4216-46 but when i got home I saw there was an update so now Im using 11.5.0 build 4225-46 and Im getting the same issues. Ive only noticed is on Peacock and HBO Max with the titles Ive mentioned so far. I have tried a few different cables and different inputs and nothing seems to work. I did not have this problem before the last two updates.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mayhem724

Thanks for the follow up.

Are you using any external audio devices in your Home setup, or are you simply connecting your Roku device to the TV?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mayhem724
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Yes I am using a Denon AVR-x3500H reciever

0 Kudos
MNWildThing
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue since upgrading tonight. Using a Roku 4670X 11.5.0 build 4225-46. I have a Denon AVR-X2300W.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mayhem724 @MNWildThing

Thanks for the posts.

Have you already tried disconnecting the AVR and connecting the Roku device directly to the TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
MNWildThing
Reel Rookie

I did test watching a show (House of the Dragon) on both the HBOMax and YouTube TV apps. The result was the same. Not all shows have the problem, however, the show was fine before the Roku update. I will try to test what you asked over the weekend.

Mayhem724
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

No I did not try that because the tv isnt dolby digital sound. If I switch the Roku to stereo the problem goes away. Also, I watched the whole House of Dragons series every week and no issues til this last update. I went back and checked every episode and they all have the same sound problem now which wasnt there before. Every episode