Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidcasper1
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] HDCP problem on All in One Computer

There is another thread which says that software 11.5 fixes HDCP problems, and that thread is now locked.

However OS software 11.5 build 4235 which was downloaded on 11/6/22 to my Roku Premiere has created HDCP error problems for me where there were none before. This software download has made my Roku completely useless for playing content, such as from Netflix, but you can navigate through the system.

Is there any way of downloading an older version of software so my unit can work again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP problem on All in One Computer

@davidcasper1

Thanks for the the post.

If you are experiencing an issue regarding HDCP errors on the most recent OS 11.5 build, can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model TV you are using
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-were you previously experiencing an HDCP error prior to the OS 11.5 update

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davidcasper1
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP problem on All in One Computer

I am happy to provide the information you ask for, but you did not answer my question: is it possible to download and revert to an earlier version of software?

-Roku device model,3920X Roku Premiere
serial number, YH00GD616624
device ID, K4204G616624
software OS/version 11.5.0 build 4235-91

-brand and model TV you are using

>> I am not connecting to a TV but to the HDMI input of an HP ENVY All-in-One 32-a0xxx

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

It happens on all channels I have tried: to give two examples:

Netflix 5.2 105079013

AppleTV 13.0 build 55

To reproduce the problem, navigate to any video and press play (or resume)

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

First pressing this sequence when the HDCP error screen is showing does not bring up the tracker ID but puts you back to the home screen. If I subsequently up arrow to the settings tab and do the sequence I get

Netflix ID 24-451-828
Apple ID 24-451-829

However I am concerned that since it did not show the tracker ID the first time, doing it the second time may have erased the previous result and show you nothing.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to assist you and I would be obliged if you answer my question about how to revert to a previous version of software/firmware. 

0 Kudos