Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cagr78
Reel Rookie

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

For me, unplugging the device to reset corrects the problem, but only temporarily. Several hours later, the cycle repeats. It is a given that every morning, before I can stream with my roku, I will need to unplug and reset. I just recently started having this problem.  

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Cagr78, if your Roku device recently updated to software version 10.5 you may have a new "power savings" settings under Settings->System->Power.  Try disabling it.  You should be able to wake your Roku just by pressing the Home button on the remote, but if that's not working try disabling this new power saving feature.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
divapath
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I see you have listed the exact problem I am seeking a solution.  What do I click on on this site to see your answer??

divapath
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  This ROKU OS ad is frozen in place and nothing I do is making it go away.  No Streaming!!!Help!

divapath
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have only disconnected the power source for ten seconds.  It worked last week but ad is frozen on screen again this week.  What is the stick?  Where is it please.  Thanks

Luper868

Jump to solution

Removing remote batteries & unplugging Roku device, plugging it back in & then put batteries back in - genius!  Thank you very much!  It’s all working again!

divapath
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Last week when I had this problem, I unplugged ROKU from power source, waited ten seconds, plugged back in and the animation came on, I was rebooting.  This week, ad froze, disconnected ROKU from power source, waited and ad still there, did not bring up the automation/reboot.

divapath
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After I unplug and wait ten seconds and replug, the animation starts, however, within 5 seconds the Ad is back up frozen in place. 

ShanD04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That isn't correct!  Don't offer solutions unless you know.  Our remotes are paired, I can see the responder light reacting to my remote key execution.  

SCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I do know this: based on feedback I have been receiving, my solution has worked for many, many people who are thankful that it did.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.