Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanRoss1

NFL app kicks back to the ROKU home screen after 3-5 minutes

I just subscribed to the NFL+ Premium today. But every time I try to watch a game or RedZone, or any other feature on the channel, the app shuts off and kicks me back to the ROKU home screen after about 3-5 minutes, maybe even less. The app doesn't give me a delete option, only manage subscription options, and I've tried to restart the TV which didn't solve the issue. The app was part of the preloaded ones on the TV when I bought it. The model is 5222X.  I had a sign in issue with the YouTube app last week, but deleting and restarting the TV solved that issue. No issues with any other app.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL app kicks back to the ROKU home screen after 3-5 minutes

@DanRoss1-

Delete/restart/reinstall is the normal way to reload a channel app.   But when you subscribe to a premium channel THROUGH ROKU, they won't let you delete the channel via the Roku user interface while there is an active superscription.

As a work around, for immediate channel removal you can use the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet.  This will only remove the channel from your Roku; it will NOT cancel the paid subscription.   
• At the bottom of the first screen, click "Devices", and if necessary connect to one of your Roku devices.
• In your connected device click on "Apps on Roku".
• Click AND HOLD the channel you wish to remove (a quick click will bring up the remote controls instead).
• Click on "Remove" and confirm.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.