Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaBoo1

My Roku shuts off automatically after about 5 mins of it being turned on.

I have the Express 4k+ model, and just recently after turning it on, I select my usual streaming app, and after about not even 5 mins it just automatically turns off. I've restarted/resetted the roku, I've switched both the HDMI and power cable. Neither seems to work, it's always the same outcome.

Would love any advice.

SN: S07P515KKAA8

Model: 3941X

Thanks,

Anna.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku shuts off automatically after about 5 mins of it being turned on.

@AnnaBoo1 

If you are currently powering your Roku device through your TV USB power port, try using the supplied power adapter and plug into a wall outlet.

If using the wall adapter already, try using another power adapter. (Any 5volt, 1amp cell phone charging adapter will work.  Same goes for the power cable, a cell phone micro-usb charging cable will work).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.