Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamLover
Reel Rookie

Roku switches to 720 and i have to restart Roku to get it to output 1080

often I have to restart Roku because its outputting 720 instead of 1080 doesn't matter what service I'm trying to watch be it Disney+, HBOmax or HULU. I have confirmed in settings its set to 1080 only and not 720 or auto.

its really inconvenient. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku switches to 720 and i have to restart Roku to get it to output 1080

@StreamLover

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Change the display type

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamLover
Reel Rookie

As stated in my post " i have confirmed in settings that the display type is set to 1080" this isn't a mistake on my end.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@StreamLover 

Try turning on your TV "before" you turn on your Roku device.

Some have offered that either choosing a different screensaver, or disabling screensaver completely (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) may prevent this from occuring in some setups.

The actual remedy to this issue is to disable the "auto-revert" feature of the Roku device but the manner to do this can no longer be described in the forum.

Perhaps looking in the search engine of your choice regarding this feature can point you in the right direction.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos