Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

My Roku is replaying previous segment after commercial

I am experiencing a similar issue with Paramount+ shows on my Roku as well.  Following an ad segment rather than continuing the video, it repeats the previous show segment and then plays forward.

21 REPLIES 21
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku is randomly jumping back during streaming, I’ve done factory reset and it’s still happen

Hi @BobLfoot 

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for your issue regarding the Paramount+ app.

Kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on the Paramount+ app alone? if so, what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more information from you, we will be able to pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

Re: My Roku is randomly jumping back during streaming, I’ve done factory reset and it’s still happen

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
    • Model 3920RW - Roku Premiere
    • Serial Number - YH00XY549576
    • Device ID - JF528X549576
    • Software Version - 12.0.0  build 4184-91
  • Does this issue occur on the Paramount+ app alone?
    • No Issue has occurred in Paramount+ , Roku Channel, Hulu and Freevee Apps
    • Note Issue Occurs in Two Styles I'll call JumpBack and JumpHome
    • JumpBack means that if commercial break #4 was just watched video resumes after break #3 rather than after #4 as it should.
    • JumpHome means that in middle of video the playback goes black and then returns home.
  • I will post Tracker ID when problem next occurs.
  • Troubleshooting thus far
    • Restart Roku
    • Restart TV
    • Issue occurs at random, I've not found a means to forcibly recreate it.
BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

Issue ID - 76-267-942 captured for JumpBack issue where following a commercial break it played a  previously viewed video segment.

BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

ISSUE ID - 76-269-353 For an occurrence of JumpHome where in the middle of a video the unit jumps back to Home Screen.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BobLfoot,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hemimax
Binge Watcher

DITTO, this is still happening in 2024!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Hemimax,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the Roku Community for the first time!
We've seen that you're having the same playback problems, and we'd like to help.
Inform us...

• When did you first notice the problem?
  • Does this only apply to a single channel, or does it affect all of the Roku platform's channels?
  • What measures have you taken so far in troubleshooting?

To help you even more, please provide us with more information about this.
Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hemimax
Binge Watcher

Hi ERey, my apologies if this does not apply to Roku.

It never happened until after recently changing to GFiber and 4K Sony Bravia Google TV with Roku Express, before it was a Spectrum cable modem/router with 2K Sony/Roku Express.

So far, I only have the replay issue when restreaming Tulsa King on Paramount+ but I've had no luck with questions to Paramount.

I have factory reset the TV and installed the Roku, Paramount, and Google TV Apps. Reinstalled these apps, flushed their caches, and deleted their data.

Any insight would be welcome as I find this glitch very bizarre.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Hemimax,

Thanks for the update and for the extra details!

I see that this is an isolated case. Do you see this happening throughout all the episodes of the season?

Keep us updated!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.