Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_Z

Multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

Mine gets stuck in a commercial “loop”. The batch of commercials don’t even finish before they start over again. I know it is the Roku because when I watch the streaming channel some other way (like on an iPad via the channel app) I don’t have the issue.  Sometimes it can’t get out of the loop so I can’t watch the remainder of the program. Currently it only happens for me on the Discovery + channel.  But as I said, when I watch the channel on my iPad via the discovery app it does not happen. 

31 REPLIES 31
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

@B_Z

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • does this issue happen when playing specific content/titles within the channel
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
McMurry61
Reel Rookie

Re: Multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

I have a Phillips Roku TV and this mostly happens when watching my morning news program on the NewsOn app. It's a Nubeqa commercial. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @McMurry61,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about commercials when playing content on the NewsON channel and we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a NewsON channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

It's not just you. I'm experiencing the same issue on my TCL Roku TV with the Discover+ channel.  I have to exit out of the app completely and then resume the episode to stop the commercial loop.

RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @iseevisions 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with commercials playing repeatedly on Discovery+.

Please try to remove channel then restart device from (Settings>System>System restart) and add back the channel.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Wondering if there is any headway on fixing the commercial looping for Discovery Plus.  Please do not reply with your auto fill answer.  Please actually answer.  I now WEEKLY delete app, reinstall the app ect.  I have MONTHY provided all of the additional requested information(version, model ect)  Currently I am seven minutes into a one minute and thirty second commercial break and have just made it completely through commercial number one and about 10 seconds into commercial number two when the whole sequence starts over.  After many online discussions with Discovery support it appears to be a ROKU issue on TVs only per Discovery.  Lets please really work on fixing this problem.  Thanks

DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

If I have to see one more of these ROKU Channel commercials.......

It makes me never want to torn out there again.  Honestly

DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

Is there nothing that can be done to get new commercials???

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DV8DD12,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that repetitive ads can be a bit frustrating. While we can't please everyone with the ads, we strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with. I'll make sure to forward your comments to the appropriate Roku team for review.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos