Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jahruler
Reel Rookie

YouTube goes to sleep after about five minutes while watching. I own a Roku Ultra.

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra goes to sleep or the screen goes dark after five minutes when watching Youtube.  This happens only on Youtube.  My software is up to date and I even did a factory reset but the problem still persists.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
williestylez
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube goes to sleep after about five minutes while watching. I own a Roku Ultra.

Jump to solution

What helped me with my Roku Ultra, was a great tip to do the following: Try disabling "1 touch play" in setting/system/control other devices... after I did that step, my YouTube issue went away!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube goes to sleep after about five minutes while watching. I own a Roku Ultra.

Jump to solution

Hi @jahruler,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about the issue you are experiencing on the YouTube channel. Did you try to remove and reinstall YouTube?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can try these by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you search some other threads you'll find others having issues with YouTube, though I've yet to see this issue reported. I'd recommend you remove it, power cycle and replace it. Personally the only issue I'm seeing is periodic problems when exiting. From what I can tell, the YT app hasn't been updated to match the numerous builds of OS12 and in my opinion this is the problem. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
jahruler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've reset it to factory a couple of times and tried a couple of other tips I got from on YouTube and it has not worked.  The only thing I've not done is changed the HDMI cable and, that's because its not a cheap one and its not more than six months old.

The TV is a Sharp HD 1080P and its about five years old.  I'm thinking about replacing it but since nothing is wrong with it I'm hesitant. Its al about 55" and I can't see the sense in throwing it out because wherever in the home that needs a TV there is one.

I've selected 1080P HD instead of automatic but some how when I check it seems to change to 4K.  At least that's what I think when I check. How do I know that it's not auto refresh or what ever that setting is ?

0 Kudos
williestylez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What helped me with my Roku Ultra, was a great tip to do the following: Try disabling "1 touch play" in setting/system/control other devices... after I did that step, my YouTube issue went away!

alf7e

Jump to solution

That solved my issue too @williestylez! thanks heavens: that was driving me nuts. I have a Roku Express 4k with an LG TV. 

0 Kudos