Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaeC

Re: error: TVAPP-00500 on the Mini Guide, also having audio issues.

Jump to solution

I'm with Xfinity and have had both of these issues before with my bedroom TV. I would unplug/re-plug the Roku to reboot, which temporarily fixed it until the next time. I bought a new Roku stick for this TV a few weeks ago....worked just fine until today when I began having the mini guide issue again and noticed the voice syncing issue is back as well. Good to know it's an Xfinity issue vs Roku and I'm not the only one. Thanks, too, for the faster reboot tip. Hopefully Xfinity will come up with a solution since it's so widespread.

0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’m beginning to think, also, that it’s an Xfinity issue. I bought a new Roku Premier box yesterday, as I have a box that doesn’t work anymore (verified by an actual Xfinity technician) and I’ll put the new one on the TV that we use the most. I can’t believe they haven’t received an earful of complaints about this problem, yet it continues to exist. It’s almost as if they want to steer you away from the Roku boxes so you’ll have to rent THEIR equipment (and the ensuing monthly rental fees) and, therefore, keep ‘ignoring’ the problem and you finally give in to the frustration and abandon the Roku format. It’s not the first time Xfinity has acted in a nefarious manner.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KaeC @JLill,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

Regarding this concern, kindly refer to @RokuTakashi's post. Contacting them directly regarding this concern will be more effective since the error code you've been getting is within their scope. You can reach them here.

Let us know if you'd like some assistance with anything else.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Then why wouldn’t Roku, or its parent company, and the ‘weight’ they carry in the corporate world, reach out to Comcast/Xfinity about this ongoing and very annoying problem?  Something of this nature:  “Dear Comcast. It’s been brought to our attention by numerous customers who own our streaming devices that a recurring problem with your Xfinity Stream app seems to have gone unresolved for a number of months (TVAPP-00500). As we are both in the business of providing a paid-for service, perhaps you could address and fix this problem with your app once and for all.”

We customers have complained for months about this problem yet it continues and is a giant inconvenience and completely out of the scope of what the service level should be.  My suggestion, going forward, is that Roku should be the one addressing this problem with Xfinity on a corporate level, NOT the customers.

0 Kudos
Mjrupkp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku isn’t taking responsibility! Not surprised they blame it on someone else 

0 Kudos
Mjrupkp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did the same but tge error returned 

0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed. I just wish they’d jump on Xfinity to clear this mess up once and for all. It’s getting old.  

0 Kudos
CBH

Jump to solution

We have just recently ( in the last couple weeks) put Roku sticks or boxes on each of our TV’s and turned in our Xfinity cable boxes. Now use streaming and have this same mini guide issue and the voice issue as well. The voice issue clears if we use the lady watched channel change but no solution for the mini guide as others have stated. It worked for a few days but now doesn’t work.

JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Frustrating, I know. We’ve been having the same problem for over a year now. It started about two years after we dumped the Xfinity boxes and went strictly Roku, using the Xfinity app to access our cable subscription. I think we’ve established the fact that it’s an Xfinity problem, not Roku. Still, I wish Roku (or its parent company) would dial up the pressure on Xfinity to fix this problem once and for all. 

0 Kudos
sampson28

Re: Mini Guide error: TVAPP-00500

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having the very same issues and it is becoming very annoying.  Thinking about going to Firestick because I haven't been able to get support from Roku.