Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lemmlemm
Reel Rookie

Max channel zoomed in when streaming

Hello,

I am sharing the same issue that NugBump and others are reporting. I have a TCL Roku TV. Sometimes when I use the Max App, the streaming is zoomed into the top left of the show (the bottom and right parts of the screen are cut/cropped off substantially). It is not a playback issue where the title can’t play, it is certainly some other bug specific to the Max App for Roku. It does not occurr for any other streaming apps. 

I have tried removing the Max App and reinstalling it, multiple times. I have tried restarting the Roku system, multiple times. When I do this, they may fix the issue temporarily (ie for one episode), but when the show autoplays to the next episode the “cropping” issue emerges again. It means I have to restart my tv and/or reinstall the Max app between each episode I’m streaming. It’s super inconvenient, and well documented by others on the thread. PLEASE listen to them and fix it.

Labels (1)
16 REPLIES 16
CZwatches

Re: Max channel zoomed in when streaming

I have a 2020 model Roku TV and the backing out of the show/movie and then hitting resume works for me. However, I ALWAYS have this issue, whenever watching Max. It happens every.single.time. The backing out and then resuming always works, so I just do it innately now, each time I watch something on Max. I’ve tried emptying the Max cache, checking Max app for updates, resetting the tv, resetting the router, and everything else under the sun, but nothing has permanently fixed this issue. 

0 Kudos
NugBump
Channel Surfer

Gosh that sucks it happens every time.  It doesn’t happen every time for me but the backing out and resuming  thing doesn’t work, it just takes time.  Usually hours later.  I have the TCL 2018 Roku TV.  I love it. The MAX zoom issue is the only problem.  Before that it was  HBO MAX and before that it was the HBO GO.  Never any peace with HBO and this Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
Misapants

WHHHYYYYYYY IS THIS STILL A FCKN ISSUE JFC WTF

Lemmlemm
Reel Rookie

I’ve removed and reinstalled it and it does not fix the issue. And Roku can definitely communicate with Max about this- they’re best postured to raise it with them. 

greboguru

I'm experiencing this issue too, on my JVC Roku TV. I see it's been a problem for more than six months. C'mon Roku, please fix this.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the post, @MutterErde.

We see that you're also encountering this issue with Max's zoomed display. Rest assured that we've already passed this along to the appropriate Roku Team for review and investigation. 

Our Roku support team is now actively working to resolve this, and we'll update this thread once a resolution has been provided. 

Let us know if you need more help; we'll gladly assist. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
razucc

This is actually absurd. I've been having the same problem for months. How is there no accountability for this??? We're paying HBO and I've paid Roku for my TV. Is it too much to ask the ratio to be correct? Clearly it's a problem for multiple users. SORT IT!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @razucc 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand your frustration regarding this issue, and our team is ware of the issue. 

In the meantime, we'd like to gather with further details regarding the issue. Can you please provide the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Image of the Zoomed In display when streaming.

Furthermore, you can perform the troubleshooting steps indicated in this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We hope for your response regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MutterErde
Channel Surfer

I’ve reported this issue to Max - have you? I’ll be canceling my subscription if they don’t fix it soon. It’s too much of a hassle and I’m tired of paying for something I can’t use. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.