Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max channel zoomed in when streaming

Hi, @MutterErde @BeardedDemon666 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the experience you had with the Max app that gets zoomed in when streaming. We'd like to ask for the details I have requested above this thread as we are aware of the issue, and our team can continue to investigate the issue. 

Your response would be much appreciated along with the requested information.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same issue here.

Device model 100012585
Hardware ID  7822X

Issue report tracker
Serial # YN00YU997620 (E0811Y997620)
Software version 13.1.4   build 1510-AT
GC version 12.2.22
Timestamp:  2024-09-19 T00:09:34Z
Issue ID# 20-377-289

https://imgur.com/a/wIgAw0I 

0 Kudos
Fake
Reel Rookie

This issue is still ongoing. I have attempted every fix listed here (reset my TV fully, unistall/reinstall, verifying my picture settings) and it happens often. Sometimes even after ad breaks during the same movie. Is there any update? This has been occurring for months and is beyond frustrating at this point. I've loaded the same movie 6 times in a row with this issue, having to watch ads that do not have this issue each time. Why am I paying for both Roku and Max and getting this level of service?

0 Kudos
MutterErde
Channel Surfer

I’ve been working on this issue with Max. Their suggestion was to create a new profile 🙄

Just received this message:

Thank you for your patience while my team has continued to research your aspect ratio issue with Max on your Roku device.

I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Our Support team will continue to track this experience and have noted the helpful details you've provided. I'm sorry this has continued to occur.

At this time, we may not be able to provide a resolution. In the meantime, please try streaming Max on another supported device. I recommend continuing to check for updates to Max as we continue to make improvements.

I understand you may have further concerns, so please feel free to reply to this email with any additional questions, or if new details about this issue might emerge.

Regards,

Kris M.

Max Customer Advocate

Advanced Support

**THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!**

0 Kudos
MutterErde
Channel Surfer

Response from Max after they’ve offered no resolution:

I've issued you a credit for this month, as a refund of your most recent payment. This is a known issue that impacts this specific model of Roku.

It may be able to be resolved by adjusting the display settings to 1080p, but I think it is the case that this particular model doesn't allow the adjustment (please double-check). 

Thank you,

Kris M.

Max Advanced Support

0 Kudos
MutterErde
Channel Surfer

OUR SOLUTION Re: Max channel zoomed in when streaming

We gave up on Max and Roku solving this issue and are using the screen mirroring function from our iPad to our tv.

SOLUTION FOR APPLE PRODUCT USERS: If you have an iPad or iPhone you can use screen mirroring from the Max app and connect it on your tv. Works like a charm. 

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community Users!

We've already forwarded your concerns to our team as an update on the ongoing investigation of this issue. 

We are grateful that you have brought this matter to our attention. Our Support team will diligently monitor this situation and has taken note of the valuable feedback you have shared with us. We apologize for the reoccurrence of this issue.

We'll update this thread once a resolution has been provided. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fake
Reel Rookie

The model does not allow for adjusting of the display besides the default zoom options (which zoom further into the already zoomed image). How can I process this refund? Is it just through the Max help?

0 Kudos
MutterErde
Channel Surfer

I contacted Max about the issue and when they said they can’t fix it (it’s a problem with a specific Roku model) I told them I was going to cancel my subscription and requested a credit, which they gave for one month’s payment.

We’ve come up with our own solution by using screen mirroring from the Max app on our iPad to our Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.