Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

none of that works.  also WE are tired of Roku telling us things like this when it's obvious to all of us the issue is on your end (or the app in question).  We all know how to do the restart, check for updates, etc etc and -at least in my experience- it NEVER works.   Not trying to be cranky, it's just frustrating after spending $$ on TWO brand new Rokus & it does this on both of them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, I chatted with a support person from Max, and they acknowledged the issue and that they're working on a resolution. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me anything beyond that, other than that I would be notified when it's fixed. If I hear something, I'll post back here and let everyone know.

0 Kudos
Flex123
Reel Rookie

I am having the same observation:  it is almost as if the Max app is receiving a signal to pause and rewind at the same time.  Is this happening only on Roku devices?  I imagine the folks at Roku ought to call their friends at Max and huddle together to fix this pronto! 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@dragonboots2005 wrote:

none of that works, skippy.  also WE are tired of Roku telling us things like this when it's obvious to all of us the issue is on your end (or the app in question).  We all know how to do the restart, check for updates, etc etc and -at least in my experience- it NEVER works.   

Since the problem isn't with the Roku itself, that is the only guidance Roku can provide. When a channel doesn't work properly, a remove/reboot/reinstall is always the first thing to try. In this case, the problem is with the MAX channel, and only HBO can resolve it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@Flex123 wrote:

Is this happening only on Roku devices? 

I see reports of other platforms reporting issues with MAX as well, so no it's not solely a Roku issue. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RickyZ
Binge Watcher

Yes. This started happening to me a week or two ago. For me, if I pause the program, it goes back to where it had been paused a prior time. Or, if I had not paused a prior time, it goes back to the beginning of the program. The replay button workaround is nice to know. You just have to remember to hit that instead of unpausing the video. If this is a problem with the MAX app, is there an open issue on a MAX support community that we can post on, or some contact address that we can all reach out to in order to get some additional focus on this on their end. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community regarding the trending issue of the MAX channel.

We appreciate you for flagging this with us, and we are closely observing the issue. In the meantime, this issue is best addressed by the channel provider. For more information regarding this, kindly refer to @RokuJanadeeK's post above this thread.

We hope the best for you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

well neither of you are fixing the issue after multiple request so...

0 Kudos
atc98092

@dragonboots2005 It's not something Roku has any control over. HBO is solely responsible for how the MAX channel works, and only they can fix any problems. Complain to HBO here

Dan

0 Kudos
BrainBlast
Reel Rookie

ROKU! What is the solution to this?? Is this a Roku problem or an HBO Max problem? This incredibly frustrating bug has persisted for several weeks now. Can you please respond and tell us whether you are even aware of the problem. Every time I pause a show I have to rewind or fast forward several minutes to where I originally paused the episode. IT SUCKS!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.