Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daamp1011
Reel Rookie

Low power message when using power adapter

Jump to solution

I have a roku express 

Suddenly the insufficient power message shows up on screen. I've tried all of the suggested troubleshooting steps  with no success 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Low power message when using power adapter

Jump to solution

@BunnyLady, my theory about these "low power" messages is that the connectors become dirty or oxidized.  Try a different USB cable or just insert and remove it several times at both ends to try to clean it.  Some electronics cleaner may help if you can get a can.  Another thing to try is another USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet that can supply at least 1 Amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Daamp1011 

Have you tried using a new power adapter? (try another 5volt, 1amp power adapter, like a cell phone charging adapter.)

Unfortunately, "...tried all the troubleshooting steps" is a little vague.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Daamp1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. I did that and my screen says no signal. Is it the hdmi cord that's the problem or the power cord.. im so confused and frustrated 

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Daamp1011 It appears your problem is with either the power cord or the power adaptor.  Make sure you have power to the electrical outlet you are using.  Then use the power adaptor to see if it is working with a cell phone or another device.  If so that eliminates the power adaptor as the problem.  Make sure both ends of the power cord are securely placed in the Roku device and the power adaptor.  If you have access to another power cord that will fit the Roku try that.

0 Kudos
BunnyLady
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and am having the same problem.  It started about 3 weeks ago.  I get a low power or insufficient power message (everything works fine BTW) and I have to keep re-plugging into the wall 50 - 60 times before it decides I have enough power.  Takes about 2 hours.  Then I happily start to watch TV only to get an error message about 10 minutes later and have to start the process all over again.  This is horribly frustrating.  Why can't it work properly?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@BunnyLady, my theory about these "low power" messages is that the connectors become dirty or oxidized.  Try a different USB cable or just insert and remove it several times at both ends to try to clean it.  Some electronics cleaner may help if you can get a can.  Another thing to try is another USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet that can supply at least 1 Amp.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Daamp1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've done everything explained to do. Will a new roku fix the issue maybe??

0 Kudos
jerrycol
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried 2 ultras...same issues 

0 Kudos
Daamp1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you ever find a resolution? I'm lost as to what to do.

My roku tv works fine. It's just the one tv that has to have a plug in roku doesn't work

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.