Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikelley
Reel Rookie

LG C2, Roku Ultra - sound cuts out & requires reboot

When freevee is entering or exiting a commercial the audio occasionally cuts out, requiring a reboot to fix.
This is intermittent, sometimes 2x day, sometimes go all day without problem.
When audio cuts out all other channels lose audio - BUT the 'boop' of Roku menu navigation still works.
My guess is that the stream audio processor loses its mind,  the whole system slows down when this occurs.
I use the TV speakers ( they are pretty great ) - no external audio devices.

I have not noticed this on any other channel, just freevee.
Roku: 4800x - Roku Ultra, build 11.5.0
Digitial output format set to 'Auto' - which is always Dolby Atmos
Roku uses ethernet connection.

Any ideas ?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: LG C2, Roku Ultra - sound cuts out & requires reboot

Hi @mikelley,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues with the Freevee channel. We recommend removing the Freevee channel from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.

To help you troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mikelley
Reel Rookie

I went thru the forums to see if if the problem had already been solved and tried reinstalling the app before creating this post
It seems like a common recommendation when having problems on a specific channel.inst
Reinstalling did not fix it.

This problem is definitely an intermittent,   it only seems to occur when starting/stopping a commercial - and it does not consistently happen on any particular commercial  ( i.e. it appears to be caused by a transition to/from a commercial - not the commercial content ).

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @mikelley

Thank you for keeping in touch!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Freevee channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Freevee support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Meathome

I had the same problem. Samsung smart TV, Bose 900 soundbar and new roku ultra. I solved my issue and no more problems.

On the roku:

Streaming audio format set to Dolby

Digital output format set to passthrough

On the samsung smart tv:

Digital output on passthrough

This got rid of the constant Dolby Atmos showing on the sounbar. Now I get LPCM 2.0 on broadcast channels and either 5.1 or Atmos when expected, like Disney or Prime. Hope this helps.

mikelley
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply!
I dont have a soundbar,  the tv speakers are actually better than I would have thought possible.
I have my Roku setup for dolby sound, which works really well on all of the channels.

Amazon help (freevee) is pretty much useless even though it is only their app that causes all streaming audio to freeze.   I have tried several sound settings and it does not seem to matter.

0 Kudos
taylorblu

Thank you! It seems switching the Roku audio setting Dolby did the trick. I hope it sticks.

0 Kudos