Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tenngeezer
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

New to this forum. I have had some what a similar problem with a new Vizio Smart TV and the Homerun HD streaming app. Once I got a correct display on the TV after a LOT of other issues. Finally I thought I had it working and suddenly it goes back to the Roku home screen after a few minutes. It keeps on doing it. What I found after a lot of messing around on the Vizio is I turned the HDMI input to "Standard" mode and disabled CEC in the HDMI which effectively disables commands over the HDMI. Not sure if your TV's have these capabilities. Now everything is working - but on an older Express, the new one a just bought has issues I am hoping to see if some here can help with but that will be on another post.

Regards

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Tenngeezer

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered regarding an app on your Roku device that keeps kicking you out. Rest assured that we'll help you address this concern. Could you please provide us with the information that @RokuJechealR has requested above this thread? 

Once we have this information, the appropriate Roku team will acknowledge this and investigate the issue further.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tenngeezer
Reel Rookie

Hi, and thank you for your message. I have a new 43inch Vizio smart tv. I purchased a new Roku Express Model 3960 to stream to the Vizio. I hooked it all up and all the apps on Roku worked Britbox, Netflix, Prime and all others I use EXCEPT HD Homerun. It displays in slow motion or buffering a lot, there is a lot of pixelation, and no audio. I checked the set up on my Android phone the HD app works fine and also works on two other Tvs in my home - but they have Roku model 3930 Express's on them - the HD app has worked on them for the last year with no issues and still work. I swapped the Model 3960 to another TV and put it's Model 3930 on the Vizio - the Vizio now works with the HD app. my other TV that now has the Model 3960 works with all apps EXCEPT HD app. So the problem seems to be with the new Model 3960 Express 3960 . 

Second issue. After a few minutes of the Vizio TV running the HD app with the Model 3930 Express  it would kick out to the Roku Hompage. Time to do this was not consistent usually a few minutes. I set the VIZIO HDMI port to which the Roku was plugged into to STANDARD setting in the Vizio setup menu and I set the CEC from enabled to DISABLED. That seems to have cured the erratic kicking out the home page. So my primary question is why doesn't HD Homerun work correctly with Model 3960 Express?

Model 3960 ver 5.2.2 build 4174-ED

Model 3930 ver 5.2.2 build 4174-AE

Hope this helps as I would like to have the HD app functional on all my Ruko units and currently I am reluctant to purchase another Express not confident it too will not have a problem. 

Thanks for reaching out.

Joe

0 Kudos
jpatch

I'm having the same problem, with Prime, Netflix, and Max. Hulu doesn't do it, for some reason. 

I'm about to throw this Roku tv through the f*****g window. 

0 Kudos
ska1949

Roku Express model 3960X

SN x02600UU87NW

ID  S0KC328U87NW

Software 12.5.5 build 4174-ED

Running for over a year with no problems. Last software update was 1-23-2024.

Began quitting Hoopla to Roku home about one week ago. I removed Hoopla, powered off the Roku, and reinstalled Hoopla. Hoopla had just one exit to Roku home since but I'm not confident that I have fixed it. Above data sent for your troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

For Troubleshooting  ?  Are you out of your ever loving mind ? 
That garbage they ask you to do is only to verify your model numbers so they can make more with the same problem. 

Hey Roku Mary here’s another bum unit make sure you clone it and get production ramped up 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @jpatch!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we are here to assist you. 

Our Roku team is currently investigating and working on finding the best possible solution to resolve the playback issues you are facing with The Roku Channel app. To help us include your device in the process, kindly provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. You can find all this information in Settings > System > About.
  • Provide the Tracker ID when this issue occurs. To find the Tracker ID, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times.
  • Channel Build version

We look forward to hearing from you soon so we can assist you in accessing and enjoying streaming services again.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

How can you say that when the thread is over one year old ? 
Further the thread has nothing to do with “Playback” it’s about taking you out of your app and returning you to the Roku Home Screen 

if you are working on Playback issues it’s no wonder you have no solution in over a year. Is it possible there is a language or comprehension problem on your end ?

MickeyM

Fix this roku problem or you will not have any repeat buyers. How FOOLISH to let this fester over a year! You have created a nightmare and anguish for some of the most loyal tv buyers. Fix the issue with the upgrade software so it does not do this anymore! If it is not fixed soon, I will be looking for an alternative smart tv. How stupid to let this be going on for over a year.  You not only have not fixed the problem, but you disrespect everyone who takes the time to come to the Roku "Community"  Community my A__

0 Kudos
MLG3

Answering your questions, as I am having the same issues, just this past week. More and more frequently being kicked off apps to Roku home screen, after couple minutes into viewing. Started once per episode, and now within minutes of starting to view. Have tested on all my current apps.

How are you powering your Roku device? Direct plug into a power bar.  Not into TV

How far is your device from your network router? 10 feet

Have you tried restarting your network router? Yes

Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? Yes, have date. Have not tried that yet

Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify). Amazon prime, tubi, crave 

What is the software version of your Roku device? (Check on Settings > System > About.). Model 9102CA - Roku streambar. Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-95

Lara

laragregory72@gmail.com

0 Kudos